Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

A snowy winter's day over NYC

Still setting things up for 1935. Wanted to see what Redwing had done re JFK in this setup (it shouldn't be there, of course) so set off from KLDJ planning to do a circuit out over (KJFK) and back round to KEWR. Also, I've been less than impressed with Accuseasons' winter foliage (thick brown leaf everywhere) so I'm using the latest Bijans here, plus Floyds Epic Clouds. And I also realised that quite a few other planes in my hangar are eligible for this setup, so this flight's in the Staggerwing.

Still finding this all fascinating stuff.

So, out from KLDJ, south of KEWR, and heading east to investigate the future home of Idlewild / JFK.
LZuFRDa.jpg

BfRR4sn.jpg

And there it isn't! I think Idlewild wasn't done till the late '40s, and around this time I don't even know if the golf course was there. More encouraging signs that the underlying USA 35 package has been well considered.
v10kFBr.jpg

I bet you've never been to JFK and found it this quiet and peaceful. It was always a place I loathed as a passenger - dirty, noisy, packed and generally horrible. Possibly my least favourite major airport in the US
LkpGUWX.jpg

6K7XHLZ.jpg

Carrying on, and heading back round to overfly KLGA and then turn back south
wFvH4gQ.jpg

And while we're in crystal ball mode, that, I believe, is what will become Shea Stadium, where a certain bunch of scousers will play a big gig one day
QDDoYMo.jpg

r85wg13.jpg

Passed KLGA now, turning south down the East River
HCSo0xD.jpg

CFEoddf.jpg

bOrAkTi.jpg

Z3ctqRt.jpg

LYMf5eV.jpg

Heading off now to KEWR
1fmckAN.jpg

KddAUUk.jpg

ZvNAY62.jpg

GdwXoi3.jpg

gtOv1RO.jpg

nRVHBft.jpg

And here we are. And KEWR is a lot cuter than I remember it as well!
JIgXJ6y.jpg

Edited by andy1252
incomplete post
  • Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.