Sign in to follow this  
blaunarwal

My new AIG awarness regarding *.bgl and *.aigfp

I got AIG for a long time and started having traffic files as *.bgl files. One day AIG introduced the traffic controller and these new *.aigfp files. Since then I had a mix of the two sort of traffic files. Recently I even thought about going back to *.bgl, select this option in the AI Manager and a lot more *.bgl files were added to the folder. But all *.aigfp files remained in the directory. AI Manager did not delete them and i wasn't unsure what to do. Can they be deleted or do I need them for traffic not in *.bgl files?

It was yesterday, when I had tried to fly from YSSY to YBCG. Always after preparation of the plane I had a CTD, by just clicking something. It was always different. I decided to setup AIG traffic from scratch, selected to remove AIG traffic from inside the AI Manager and then installed everything new. I went for the *.aigfp option and added first selection global traffic and then added the rest by OCI-Bulk install. A lot of clicks to do. After some hours, it was done.

Three things I realized:

There was no a single *.bgl traffic file. It installed everything with *.aigfp files. I expected both.

AI Manager does not care for traffic files from earlier downloads.

Some airlines/ga traffic did not install, even though I tried and tried. I expected with a new install this should be over. Maybe someone knows why this happens.

Today my first flight. I tried again YSSY to YBCD. It works, not problems yet, runs fine.

My suspicion is, i had traffic covered by both, *.bgl and *.aigfp. That may have loaded my sim unnecessarily. Maybe also caused conflicts.

Conclusion: If you have both AIG *.bgl and *.aigfp this may be bad. Better go for one system alone.

I have to add here, that I have still my own traffic files in *.bgl form and also MAIW traffic as *.bgl. That's not a problem.

Also, if all traffic is *.aigfp files, the traffic controller has longer to load. Whereas the sim probably loads faster. I didn't measure it, but it felt so.

Hope that helps someone.

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

You might get help by asking on the AIG forum. What you’ve done is not familiar to me.

Do you have AiCompanion? That will show you what is present in P3D. It’s an immensely powerful bit of software. I run it networked but it will also run on the P3D PC.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You might get help by asking on the AIG forum. What you’ve done is not familiar to me.

Do you have AiCompanion? That will show you what is present in P3D. It’s an immensely powerful bit of software. I run it networked but it will also run on the P3D PC.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

I have tried to get AICompanion to work without success. It will pick up the flights but nothing that I have done so far will get it to show the Logos or flight numbers. STB for all its faults, does everything automatically. AICompanion leaves a lot for the user to set up without assistance.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@IanHarrison, there’s an option to show logos. Have a look through the options. Flight numbers only become active when the status changes out of Sleep.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What you’ve done is not familiar to me.

That's why I posted it, but obviously, you did not understand it. It was intended as help for others to setup AIG traffic better and avoid lockups.

• Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What you’ve done is not familiar to me.

But... per your last post in the lockup thread you use a mix of BGL and AIGFP plans? Might be a clue there?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

5 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

That's why I posted it, but obviously, you did not understand it. It was intended as help for others to setup AIG traffic better and avoid lockups.

No as you appeared to ask a few questions in that post. No matter. You now have a setup that works for you.

4 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

But... per your last post in the lockup thread you use a mix of BGL and AIGFP plans? Might be a clue there?

They cover different airlines so I doubt that has caused my problems. It was never an issue with the old computer running v5.3HF2.

v5.4 most likely the cause. I can check my setup with Ai Companion and also AIG Manager.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I actually prefer to use bgl and then where I have to the aigfp. AI companion never seemed to work with aigfp only....traffic continuously respawned with any traffic limiter program frankly...I found a mix of bgl and aigfp works well for me. For what it's worth I haven't seen any CTD you have experienced. As others suggested post your logs in the support forum at AIG and they can help you out with what the root cause is.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3