Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Propellantless Drive!

IF this is true, and the team hasn't missed something, it could be mindblowing.

Charles Buhler is a NASA scientist, so not some crank working in his shed.

1G of thrust attained, with no propellant. 

• Like 1

This is really cool.

You can see how this scientist is perplexed as this effect was not expected and does not conform to the known laws of physics.

I've suspected for some time that we've got things fundamentally wrong vis-a-vis electromagnetic forces, gravity, etc.  My theory that all energy is actually kinetic and involves moving masses and spacial waves instead of EM waves, photons, etc. may yet be proven true.  I also believe that Newton's third law of motion can be explained by the fact that when a force, like a propellant, is accelerated in one direction it actually compresses the space in that direction and the space thus exerts an equal force in the opposite direction, sort of like a spring.

I know I might sound like a bit of a quack here, but I've thought about this stuff for many years and the current explanations have always seemed a bit dubious to me.

We'll see...

Thanks for posting this.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

My website for P3D stuff: https://sites.google.com/view/thep3dfiles/home

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, dave2013 said:

This is really cool.

You can see how this scientist is perplexed as this effect was not expected and does not conform to the known laws of physics.

We'll see...

Thanks for posting this.

Dave

Yeah, it kind of gives it a bit more credibility, for me, given he's a  senior research scientist at NASA. Currently NASA's electrostatics expert.  He's developing NASA's dust control technology at the moment, a system that repels the pesky lunar dust. 

I also believe that Newton's third law of motion can be explained by the fact that when a force, like a propellant, is accelerated in one direction it actually compresses the space in that direction and the space thus exerts an equal force in the opposite direction, sort of like a spring.

Now imagine the same pressure generated by that rocket engine but with no rocket structure, no casing, nothing. Which direction does the pressure push? That's right, in all directions. Encase that build up of pressure with the structure of a rocket, which restricts the escape of gas pressure from a nozzle, and the same thing happens, pressure pushes in all directions but can only escape from the nozzle, so the only two vectors available are forward and backwards. 

If your hypothesis was correct, then an explosion, or rapid expansion of gasses, that wasn't enclosed, would compress space (I think you mean spacetime) in all directions and rather than the pressure and temperature decreasing, as we know they do, they would increase. All mass interacts with spacetime, but for an expansion of gases from a rocket nozzle to do that to a degree that would constitute and explanation for third law, would require that spacetime have an energy density we know it doesn't have. In fact I'm not sure the universe could exist with such a huge energy density.

That's my non-scientist answer anyway. And as I have no ideas what I'm talking about, I'm probably wrong and talking utter garbage. 😁

One thing we do know, is that cats have the answer. 😸

Edited by martin-w

This is really cool.

Saw this in the comments section.

"Getting to Mars at constant 1 g acceleration takes just 89.44 hours. To Jupiter is 157.44 hours."

Posted (edited)

There is a link to a video of the recent APEC conference, which is 5 hrs 40 mins long and a bit overwhelming for me. The summary is given below but I wanted to draw attention to a statement by Mark Sokol from Falcon Space. At 4:02:27, he talks about a 1976 book called UFOlogy by James M. McCampbell. Sokol says:

“...and in it, it describes a case that was supposed to be part of Project Blue Book which was removed because of security reasons but, basically, an AWACS plane got in really close proximity to a flying saucer and collected actual data from the craft and there was a really strong 2.995 GHz pulse pulsing on and off 200 times a second.”

This would be in the microwave range. Has this ever been confirmed?

APEC 12/23: Asymmetrical Capacitance, Warp Drives & Torsion Physics

12pm PT – David Pares – Variable Electromagnetic Drive Breakthrough
In this breaking news update, David Pares will discuss recent upgrades & experimental results for the VEM Drive indicating a repeatable propulsive output of 11.72 Newtons (2.65 lbs) force generated by 1,500 Watts input power during 30-second duration tests – without evidence of ion-wind or electrostatic repulsion, and accompanied by red-shifting effects. For the last seven years, the Quantum Electrodynamics R&D team has been developing a proprietary Variable Electromagnetic (VEM) Drive that they claim compresses the fabric of space, and requires no liquid propellant that chemical or ion drive to move through space.

1pm PT – Charles Buhler – The Discovery of Propellantless Propulsion
Dr. Charles Buhler discusses experimental propulsion results based on asymmetrical electrostatic pressure, in a device described in International Patent# WO2020159603A2. The device is described as a system and method for generating a force from a voltage difference applied across at least one electrically conductive surface. The applied voltage difference creates an electric field resulting in an electrostatic pressure force acting on at least one surface of an object. Asymmetries in the resulting electrostatic pressure force vectors result in a net resulting electrostatic pressure force acting on the object. The magnitude of the net resulting electrostatic pressure force is a function of the geometry of the electrically conductive surfaces, the applied voltage, and the dielectric constant of any material present in the gap between electrodes.

2pm PT – Daniel Davis – Warp-Drive Research
Daniel Davis will discuss the current state of research into warp-drive propulsion, including the challenge of integrating solutions to the engineering challenges of the Alcubierre Drive together from a variety of diverse scientific sources. Davis believes most, if not all, of the fundamental challenges to building a working warp-drive have been solved – but one obstacle to success involves combining solutions proposed by various scientists into a single model.

3pm PT – Andrew Beckwith – How Torsion May Allow For A Cosmological Constant
Andrew Beckwith will discuss how torsion may allow for a cosmological constant, which links the ideas given by Beckwith and QaZi 2023 to a presentation as far as Torsion as given by de Sabbata and Sirvaram, Erice 1990. The 1990 article claims that Torsion cancels Cosmological vacuum energy whereas our formulation leads to a left over cosmological constant 10^-121 times vacuum energy. Meantime speculation as to how all this relates to black hole physics and speculation given by Corda which replaces traditional firewalls with a different formulation are included as that presentation by Corda uses the idea of a quantum number n, which ties into his own Cosmological constant presentation.

4pm PT – Mark Sokol – Dynamic Nuclear Orientation Mass Shielding Experiment
Falcon Space Founder Mark Sokol discusses the original Alzofon DNO experiments and how his team resurrected this technology & has worked in conjunction with David Alzofon to build a new type of propulsion system based on EPR & Dynamic Nuclear Orientation technologies. He will describe the evolution of his research over time & current efforts utilizing advanced testing & measurement equipment. 

4.30pm PT – Lab Partners – Experimental Research Updates
Learn about hands-on engineering & technical research on advanced propulsion experiments by our lab partners. Mark Sokol & the Falcon Space team will describe recent work on NMR / EPR gravity-modification experiments, Jarod Yates & Charles Crawford will provide updates on the Graviflyer and other labs will share updates as well during this time.

5pm PT – Open Discussion & Ad-Hoc Presentations
Conference guests interested in presenting experimental info to the group are invited to participate at this time, and our presenters will be available to take questions & discuss experiments.

Edited by dmwalker
  • Like 1

Dugald Walker