Sign in to follow this  
peroni

New ATC Plugin in Development "SayIntentions.AI"

Sad news, XP will not be supported any longer. The official reason being: 

The usage data on X-Plane isn't great.... less than 5% of our people were using it.. and compared to the cost and effort to keep it supported........... Just wasn't worth it.

I had a lot of fun in the demo area while it lasted.

edit: info taken from the official discord channel 

Edited by peroni

We have auto ATC, although I didn't yet get the chance to install and test it...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 hours ago, peroni said:

Sad news, XP will not be supported any longer. The official reason being: 

If it's not released yet and not particularly well advertised or generally available, how can they actually judge usage statistics, or am I missing something?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

It is officially released now (in open beta) but apparently the numbers of XP users in the closed beta phase were too little. Don't know what to say.

It worked fairly well with XP12 for being at such an initial phase of development.
For my use case much much better than default ATC.

Anyway, they have proven something great can be created with AI, hopefully somebody at Laminar has been paying attention

Edited by peroni

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

If it's not released yet and not particularly well advertised or generally available, how can they actually judge usage statistics, or am I missing something?

My impression as well.
Oh well, I was willing to try it out and pay to support such a interesting idea (even if it was only VFR), but beside this thread I never saw it advertise anywhere and I spend time every day reading different forums and Discords. And that decision after 1 day! Well, if you want something to fail, this is how you do it. Guess they were looking for an excuse to drop x-plane after announcing they would support it. Disappointing of course.

• Upvote 3

It was mostly advertised in MSFS sites so that is probably why such a low number of xplaners joined the private beta. 
I use both sims but still am disappointed with xp not being supported any longer. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah. I was quite disappointed with that announcement as well. I got in during the tail end of closed beta (or the beginning of the soft launch perhaps) and wanted to try it out with X-Plane but kept encountering issues (didn't see my aircraft, couldn't hear audio, and a couple of other issues). Each time I reported an issue, the response was, "X-plane is still under development and we know it's currently broken". So I mucked around in MSFS just to see what it would be like once things started working.

Then, finally, I got an updated client that had X-Plane support working enough that I could have started using it more only to see the announcement the very next day that support for X-Plane was dropped.

Quite frustrating. They didn't have people using X-Plane because X-Plane support wasn't usable and then, when it got close to useable, they dropped support because no-one was using X-Plane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2