Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

Interesting Maxar satellite & Blackshark.ai presentation

Pretty cool.  I like that the Blackshark guy explained in more detail the process they use to determine what type of 3D building to render.  I didn't know that they also take into account the location and population density, in addition to the type of roof.

No doubt the AI algorithm will get better and better at determining the right kind of building and right kind of texture to use as its "skin".

In the not too distant future we'll have a sim that will not only better depict the real world scenery, but near real-time changes in the scenery as well.

If only LM would use this in their flight sim...

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

My website for P3D stuff: https://sites.google.com/view/thep3dfiles/home

On 1/13/2024 at 3:09 AM, dave2013 said:

If only LM would use this in their flight sim...

Yeah, they probably do, just not for the general public, and likely it would cost a ton of $$$ anyway.

But the presentation was interesting anyway, and I can just see such tech becoming more mainstream as time goes on.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
Addition

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D