Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What are the best photogrammetry regions in MSFS?

I vouch for Dalmatian coast; Split, Trogir, Dubrovnik...

My hometown Gtaz, second largest city in Austria and home of blackshark.ai is perfectly modeled in photogrammetry. Each and every house looks like its real counterpart. The old town with its churches and towers, the mausoleum of Emperor Ferinand II., the town hall, it' all there. The scenery expands way beyond the city limits and beyond LOWG airport.

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Berlin is pretty decent.. I also agree about most of Florida, it's really good detail.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think you're referring to the photoscenery coverage Dillon, as photogrammetry is only focussed around confined city (centre) areas, in the main.

As others have said, Germany is pretty impressive and as you've noted yourself, Australia is among the best in the sim, travelling up from Victoria to northern Queensland.  Florida is really great.

Worst area I've noted for actual photoscenery quality is Spain.  It's really washed out and nasty.  Sad to say that I persistently find most of eastern Canada to be pretty disappointing too.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 1/19/2024 at 1:27 PM, Dillon said:

After our London discussion (of how bad it looks),  I was wondering what's everyone's take on the best regions in MSFS for photogrammetry?  Here's my list so far:

1. The State of Florida

2. The South West US (California, Arizona, Utah, etc)

3. PNW (Pacific Northwest - US)

4. Hawaii

Would love to here were the best flying locations are worldwide in the sim.🍺  We more than have enough locations that leave allot to be desired.😌

There’s no photogrammetry in Hawaii is there? Photogrammetry is making 3d scenery/models  using photos. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry#3D_modeling

eg in Florida orlando and Miami, key west etc  are in photogrammetry. Whilst Honolulu isn’t photogrammetry as it has autogen buildings. 

Edited by g-liner
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, g-liner said:

There’s no photogrammetry in Hawaii is there? Photogrammetry is making 3d scenery/models  using photos. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry#3D_modeling

eg in Florida orlando and Miami, key west etc  are in photogrammetry. Whilst Honolulu isn’t photogrammetry as it has autogen buildings. 

As I said above I must have used the wrong term. The Bing map clarity on the ground is better in the examples I listed above versus many other areas of the world.  My question again is what areas in the world have the same ground clarity as Florida and So Cal?🧐

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2