Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

M'M Simulations ENTC Tromso

I am interested in purchasing this airport, and the screenshots of it on the MS Marketplace look really nice. However, 30% of the review scores are ONE star, and only 37% are FIVE stars. Is there a reason why there are so many one star reviews? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I hear its extremely heavy on fps and for no real reason beeing a fairly small airport after all. For Norway there is most often an as good (or sometimes even better) free options from very talented Norwegian designers including the guy who made the two free Norway arports in the latest Nordic WU update. Airports like Svolvaer, Bergen, Sogndal, Sandane and many others come to mind.

The free ENTC is very good and keeps getting better.

Edited by mikced76

A quick check of the freeware version indicates that the terminal buildings are not up to the quality that I would like, so I may take a gamble on the M'M Simulations version. After all, some people say that IniBuilds airports (particularly EGLL London Heathrow) are heavy on framerates, but they seem to work fine on my very modest PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am interested in purchasing this airport, and the screenshots of it on the MS Marketplace look really nice. However, 30% of the review scores are ONE star, and only 37% are FIVE stars. Is there a reason why there are so many one star reviews? :huh:

I use their scenery and have no problems with it.

• Upvote 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I guess of course it depends on systems as well. I dont have the best computer so that is limiting things as well 😁

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Every winter I am in Tromsö so I know the actual airport very well. I also have the version of M'M Simulations and I can tell you that it is consistent with reality. 
The notes were at the time of the first versions, which was not fully compatible with the WU. Since then there have been updates from the airport and also from WU. 
Personally I fly there regularly. 

Edited by guibru
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

M'M Simulations ENTC Tromso is downloading as I type these words :cool:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

interesting to know how you find it. The location is amazing of course and if you like it and frames are good I might pick it up as well 😁 

21 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I will let you know, Mike.

Thx

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

UPDATE - I have just completed a quick circuit of the airport after departing from runway 18, and then took the drone for a spin around the apron, terminal and other buildings. I did not experience any framerate or stutter problems whatsoever. The airport is in a beautiful location, and there is a very nice rendition of the Sandnessund Bridge spanning the stretch of water between Tromsoya Island and the much larger Kvaloya Island to the west that can be seen on final approach to runway 18.

So, for anyone who is still on the fence....go and get it!

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png