Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

Ad On Linker

I use Add on linker for my scenery. With this new update, MSFS added some airports. Where do these add airport/Scenery go when they install. In Add on Linker, I can turn my pay airports on and off. How do I do that with MSFS airports, like the 7 new ones from the Caribbean world update. Thanks

28 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

I use Add on linker for my scenery. With this new update, MSFS added some airports. Where do these add airport/Scenery go when they install. In Add on Linker, I can turn my pay airports on and off. How do I do that with MSFS airports, like the 7 new ones from the Caribbean world update. Thanks

All purchases from the Marketplace, including free "purchases" like these WU's are installed in your Official folder. That folder sits next to your Community folder.
Addon Linker does not (by default) manage these addons. I think there is an option to do so but I have never tried it out since it could make a mess of things.

You can however uninstall them via the Content Manager in MSFS, which is located under "Profile" in your main menu.
You can the name or ICAO code of the airport in the search bar but since it is part of an World Update the result will be the entire World Update.

If you just want to search for the single airport item that is part of the world update, you will have to change the view: To the right of it are to buttons which can be easily overlooked. The left one looks like a box, the right one looks like a list of 3 items. The right one is the one that lists the contents of World Updates and is the one want in order to find these WU airports.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

They are located here (I have a Steam Install) :

C:\Users\<user>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\ eg. "microsoft-airport-mkjs-sangster"

I also use Addon Linker and to save space on my C:\ drive I moved all my "point-of-interest" folders (these are the most space gobblers) out over to my D:\ drive ( see here):

I gained back 77GB. MSFS loads normally as I have these folders "Linked" in a Folder  named "MSFS Official Addons" on my D:\ drive. The thread explalins how to do this (my explanation is 2nd last post in the thread).

Hope it helps.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

2 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

All purchases from the Marketplace, including free "purchases" like these WU's are installed in your Official folder. That folder sits next to your Community folder.
Addon Linker does not (by default) manage these addons. I think there is an option to do so but I have never tried it out since it could make a mess of things.

I think the Linker documentation is quite good with respect to "moving" native MSFS stuff but, like you, I've always thought it'd be a dangerous thing to mess about with.

EDIT: I did actual try it once (now I remember) - with just a simple aircraft. It worked - but then I thought I'd need to do the whole thing all over again next time there was an update. *Also* - some Asobo aircraft rely on components from other [default] aircraft (eg. the Icon, I think), so removing one of those could impact all sorts of stuff.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I'm am, admittedly, a stupid old man. Is there a better alternative to Add-On Linker? I have read the instructions, yet I still can't figure it out. I used a much better, but similar tool, when I was using X-Plane 11. Wished there was a similar tool for MSFS.

When I have all my North American and Euro airports and scenery loaded in the Community folder, it takes 2x forever for the game to load. I need a way to go from one to the other easily.

Thanks!

Denny Knepper

Newville, PA USA