Sign in to follow this  
dbrooke

Cannot start MCE

1 hour ago, dbrooke said:

My little wrinkle of starting MCE first, now no longer works.  It was working perfectly last might, I have turned off the computer, and it no longer works this morning, nothing should have changed. Any ideas? I had the idea that some malevolent intelligence might be behind this, so I have tried to turn off the ironically named Co-Pilot, worryingly I have had no luck yet.

Make sure X-Plane is loading our "xpInsider.xpl" plugin The X-Plane log should say if it failed to load.

Try starting X-Plane, then using its menu to start MCE.

Menu Plugins->Multi Crew X-Plane->Start Multi Crew.

If the menu is missing that entry, either the file itself is missing from \X-Plane\Resources\Plugins\ folder or something went wrong when the file was loaded.

I assume you are using the latest patch and replaced all files that need to be.

I can confirm that everything is as you have asked.  Here is the log.txt pertaining to xpinsider:

F:\SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/xpInsider32.xpl : Error Code = 193 : %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Failed: F:\SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/xpInsider32.xpl.  (This file is missing, not a DLL or could not be loaded due to another missing DLL.)

[xpInsider64.xpl]: Dataref 'sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_EGT_c' has been replaced. Please use the new name.
[xpInsider64.xpl]: Dataref 'sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_ITT_c' has been replaced. Please use the new name.
Loaded: F:\SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/xpInsider64.xpl (fspp.xpinsider).

Thiis the only xpinsider reference.

WW4959.png

[xpInsider64.xpl]: Dataref 'sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_EGT_c' has been replaced. Please use the new name.

This is pretty unhelpful programming by Laminar, they could give the new name.

WW4959.png

10 hours ago, dbrooke said:

This is pretty unhelpful programming by Laminar, they could give the new name.

This one is no big deal, it's just a recommendation so that in the future they may get rid of some older Datarefs.

For now, the plugin uses them as it supports XP-12, XP-11 & XP-10 

According to the log, the plugin is definitely loading. The 32 Bit one doesn't and it's normal for a 64 Bit process not to load a 32 Bit plugin (doesn't see it as a valid file) which would only be loaded by XP-10 (32 Bit process).

Try running X-Plane as administrator and starting MCE using simulator Plugins menu.

I always run XP as admin - no dice with starting from plugins.  I don't even get a window appear, it just dies straight away. What really bemuses me is that it worked each time every time the night before, next day it doesn't want to know.  Nothing has changed  in between.

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

Another thing, If I start MCE before XP, I do see the testing speakers dialogs.  Then dies.

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

4 hours ago, dbrooke said:

Have you any ideas on this?

That happens once every 12 hours or so and before MCE starts loading its stuff. So, it's not like an indication of something when it pops-up say only once a day.

To all those reading this thread, I still recommend this software,  It's a bargain!!  It covers so many aircraft in MSFS and X-plane,  I have been a customer since 2016/2017 and loved every moment using it.  I do have this problem, which I find frustrating.  I have no idea what the problem is, but I am certain that the guys at MCE are working to solve it, they are so polite and helpful and friendly. If you are considering getting this software, it's a no-brainer really.    

WW4959.png