Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

X-Touch Mini

Partiallly Resolved.  I found resetting the mini is  only one step.  You must then use the x-touch editor to import the layer information and then dump it to the mini.   Now it is working with AAO for a bit.  After closing MSFS and restarting everything, it stops working.  Ready to give up on the X-touch for now.  

Lost a few brain cells on this one.  

John

Edited by diajohn
New evidence

The recent Windows update changed the driver for the Xtouch Mini to one dated Feb. 2, 2024.  This may be the source of my problem,  Does anyone else show their Mini to have this version? 10.0.26052.1000

22 minutes ago, diajohn said:

the driver for the Xtouch

My version is 10.0.22621.2506. Trying to update the driver does nothing: "the correct driver is already installed".

I have the XT in the "Audio, Video and Gamecontroller" section of the device manager and twice in "Software Devices"

On 2/12/2024 at 8:51 PM, diajohn said:

After closing MSFS and restarting everything, it stops working.

Are you really sure that there is no other tool involved? For example Mobiflight is known for doing this.

LORBY-SI

I uninstalled Mobiflight a few weeks ago when I ceased needing it for a StreamDeck.  Your driver is an earlier version and my XT worked well with earlier versions but not after this latest.  I would bet a coffee, it is a Microsoft issue.  There are no tools installed just before it stopped working properly.  The only change is the latest insider update of Windows.

6 hours ago, diajohn said:

Rolled Windows back  and XT works again. 

Did you report that to Microsoft?

The only change is the latest insider update of Windows.

I think that the key word here is "insider". I'm not part of it, but as far as I know that is a pre-release program, and only people who opted to be "insiders" will get those updates - with the responsibility to report any problems with those? Kind of like a beta test release, with the goal of catching issues early?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

As a note, AAO no longer functions with the Mini after the Windows 11 insider update of Feb 21.  It sees i the Mini but will not use, create or see any of the inputs from the Mini. All my others devices work normally.

Some code incompatibility I suppose.

John 

45 minutes ago, diajohn said:

As a note, AAO no longer functions with the Mini after the Windows 11 insider update of Feb 21.  It sees i the Mini but will not use, create or see any of the inputs from the Mini. All my others devices work normally.

John 

AAO doesn't have MIDI code of its own, it uses a library. When the device stops working, then that's that I'm afraid. We will have to wait until the library is updated (if and when).

Then again, maybe it is just a driver thing, and it will sort itself out eventually.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

44 minutes ago, diajohn said:

John 

What Insider Channel are you in? Canary, Development, Beta, Preview? And what is the current Windows version that you have there?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I just tested the beta build "22635.3209 ni_release" and the X-Touch was working without a problem.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

It’s the same as last weeks problem with same release plus a small update

1 minute ago, diajohn said:

It’s the same as last weeks problem with same release plus a small update

Microsoft themselves say that the "Developer" channel is unstable and will have lots of bugs - and that your feedback is most valued in the Beta channel.

I don't think that it makes sense for me throwing any effort at a raw Developer build of Windows.

LORBY-SI