Everything posted by diajohn
-
MSFS 2024 beta update 1.9.16.0
The price I paid for the product,, the add-ons I have bought, the hours of learning, tweaking, the thousands of hours using the product. Oh my, what I have is never perfect, always engaging and sometimes outraging. It looks very good if not great. The hours after starting and eventually ending its use do what a hobby is to do. I think after flight simming since 1982, this product is better than all of the others. Call me a satisfied customer.
-
MSFS 2024 Sim Update 5.1 released now...
For me. the update went smoothly but has doubled my initial load time. It is taking a bit over 5 minutes to have an aircraft load at the airport. Tried rebooting my system several times and changing airports and aircraft. Feels like it did a long time ago in MSFS 2020 and 2024 at various times. Just having two minutes devoted to activating packages drives me crazy,
-
Navigraph and Flightradar24 Partnership
Surprised and pleased. I just parked at KDEN and looked at traffic displayed in the sky. I saw 5 flights displayed in the air. They were indeed shown and were real.
- Kodiak 100 (MS2024)...Is it over?
- Kodiak 100 (MS2024)...Is it over?
- Kodiak 100 (MS2024)...Is it over?
-
PMDG 737-800 RELEASED!
God, most of this thread sounds like children complaining that someone else got a larger slice of cake. If you got it, fine, if not life will go on as before.
-
FS 2024 SU4 Beta 1.6.21.0 released...
I have flown several flights with the A2a Aerosoft 600 and the Duke Turbo. No issues on my end. If your biggest problem is a popup message that disappears, you have a serious skills issue. Think of flying IRL and letting a minor distraction such as a loose door or strange rattle fly you into the ground as recent events have demonstrated. It is a nothingburger, IMHO
-
A 2A Forums
Two comments. I did not have it in the default location but put it on a large M2 drive, in my pc. E drive. Something odd happened with my uninstall/reinstall that caused the problem. Backup was on my G: drive. Ron, I tried that first but it just gave me an error because it could not find the install path. I eventually deleted the entry from my registry. That solved it. Only the Aerostar was a problem as my backup Community covered everything else. MSFS and 24 have taught me to always have a backup.
-
A 2A Forums
Turns out somehow the entire community folder disappeared from my PC. I had a backup that was few weeks old, sadly not containing the Aerostar. When that happens you just deal with recreating the contents. Probably a good thing as some things just get stale and the refresh helps performance.
-
A 2A Forums
Turns out somehow the entire community folder disappeared from my PC. I had a backup that was few weeks old, sadly not containing the Aerostar. When that happens you just deal with recreating the contents. Probably a good thing as some things just get stale and the refresh helps performance.
-
A 2A Forums
I only care about security on financial sites but many sites require a heavy security blanket over their forums. I do use 1password but each manager has something making just navigating the web a pain at times. We old people remember before everyone seemed to be out to steal from you. Thanks Les, we will get A2A sorted and just maybe figure out why the Aerostar parking brake is so weak. I have only been simming since Sublogic days and my keyboard controls.
-
A 2A Forums
I am having no luck with logins on the A2A forum. Registration again, login not recognized etc. I finally reregistered after trying and trying, and got an email to send in a parental permission slip. I am 81 years old and very frustrated by their process. I get into the store fine but the forums seem to be read only for me. Can anyone help? My root issue is the Aerostar has disappeared after an uninstall/reinstall of MSFS 2024 Beta. When I try to reinstall, the Aerostar installer fails telling me that 9.8 is already installed although it is not. Any attempt to uninstall the Aerostar fails also. I could wait and hope the next release will work. And yes, I can download from the store.
-
Kodiak frustration - How's the Caravan in MSFS 2024?
As a default aircraft, the controls mapping for the 208 is quite easy. Load her up and watch your actions at default. Also it is quite simple to use with more sophisticated controllers. Give it an hour or less of your time to try.
-
Kodiak frustration - How's the Caravan in MSFS 2024?
Chris, it is similar to the Kodiak and I prefer it. I flew it a lot in 2024 early after release because the specs and flying character work well with the G1000. Honestly, it would be fine as a lower tier payware aircraft.. Try it, the price is right.
-
Kodiak frustration - How's the Caravan in MSFS 2024?
To your original question. the Caravan in 2024 flies nicely. I don't know about realism, but it will do the job as a decent bush plane. I almost preferred it to the Black Square Caravan in MSFS2020.
-
SU 3 Beta 1.5.10.0 Released June 2025
Uninstall
-
SU 3 Beta 1.5.10.0 Released June 2025
My experience is FSUIPC is the culprit on my system. Latest version all loaded and CTD. Uninstall with all of my add-on and 15.10.0 runs nicely.
-
Sim Update 3 Beta 1.5.7.0 / June 13
I flew from JFK to ATL using live weather and traffic. Stormy out of JFK and low ceiling at ATL. FPS were fine although dropped by almost half on ATL landing. I tried a full ILS autoland at Atlanta and don't recommend it at this time.
-
Reactivating
I had to quickly replace my old pc. When I try to activate P2A it said already activated on a different machine. What should I do as the old pc is dead?
-
Native 2024 C182Q
Move the mixture button with your mouse first and then with your controller. This seems too open the fuel cut-off valve.
-
Native 2024 C182Q
Ryan, the tab key will get you to gps choice
-
Wireless TrackIR?
Takea look at the Beam Eye Tracker. Simple, accurate, nothing on your head and very inexpensive. You may be surprised. I have been testing it for a few days and am amazed that I like it better than I did the Tobil. https://beam.eyeware.tech/
-
Wireless TrackIR?
I went this way a few days ago. I prefer it to the Tobil solution that I had. Easy to use and inexpensive.
-
Masochst or word not allowed for a flight simmer
I am afraid that words not allowed sort of screwed up my headline. There was no question really asked. The point is so many of us spend our time on non-flying activity with the sims today. Making it function so we can fly. Hardware wise, balance in your system is probably the most critical part of the experience. Wasting money to have a powerful cpu or gpu without balance likely leads to many of the performance complaints. You have to have an engine big enough to power an aircraft but it is of little use burning a lot of fuel when it has more power than the airframe can handle. And it doesn't help when every piece of software seems to be a beta requiring months of fixes before it does what it said it would do. Just a lament without a point.