Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Fenix A320 Trip Wind

Field TRIP WIND is in the Fenix MCDU > INIT B/p. 2.  My understanding of this field is that it's prevailing wind at the specified CRZ FL, which can be set to the value provided in AVG WIND in the Simbrief OFP.  However, TRIP WIND has only 5 characters insufficient for the AVG WIND field so the questions are:

• Is this field supposed to be the CRZ FL prevailing wind ?  What's the expected format of the entry....only has 5 characters ?
  • If not the CRZ FL wind, what is it for ?  Is this field used ?  Format ? 
  • Like 1

zachlog

You can enter the average head- or tailwind in that field. I am not near my PC right now, but I think the format is HD or TL followed by the average head-/tailwind in knots (for example HD017).

if you import the winds on page INIT A, I’m pretty sure you don’t need to (or can’t) enter the average wind on INIT B.

Marc ter Heide

49 minutes ago, voske said:

think the format is HD or TL followed by the average head-/tailwind in knots

This field allows the entry of a mean wind component for the trip from the origin to the destination. Upon entry of a CO RTE or FROM/TO pair, this field defaults to HD 000 in small font. An entry preceeded by –, H, HD is considered to be headwind, +, T, TL to be tailwind. The entered speed is displayed in large blue font. When the flight crew inserts a wind on the CLIMB, CRUISE or DESCENT WIND page, or on the PERF APP page, the system no longer considers the trip wind, and the corresponding field is dashed.

9 hours ago, zachlog said:

Field TRIP WIND is in the Fenix MCDU > INIT B/p. 2.  My understanding of this field is that it's prevailing wind at the specified CRZ FL, which can be set to the value provided in AVG WIND in the Simbrief OFP.  However, TRIP WIND has only 5 characters insufficient for the AVG WIND field so the questions are:

• Is this field supposed to be the CRZ FL prevailing wind ?  What's the expected format of the entry....only has 5 characters ?
  • If not the CRZ FL wind, what is it for ?  Is this field used ?  Format ? 

If you use Navigraph this information is available under "Flight Plan Summary" - "Average Wind"

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

8 hours ago, polosim said:

This field allows the entry of a mean wind component for the trip from the origin to the destination. Upon entry of a CO RTE or FROM/TO pair, this field defaults to HD 000 in small font. An entry preceeded by –, H, HD is considered to be headwind, +, T, TL to be tailwind. The entered speed is displayed in large blue font. When the flight crew inserts a wind on the CLIMB, CRUISE or DESCENT WIND page, or on the PERF APP page, the system no longer considers the trip wind, and the corresponding field is dashed.

I was expecting to be able to enter CRZ wind with a BRG and MPH format but it looks like here the expectation is to interpret the CRZ wind and direction as either HD or TL wind.....not a big deal.

Thanks !

zachlog

It's simply the wind factor. Like +7 or -12 for example.