Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Realturb

For some time i use freeware Realturb for Africa, and i fail to see any effect provided by Realturb.

I am testing it in Africa before i make decision to buy it, but so far i cannot justify eventual purchase.

Do you see that Realturb really provides some extra sensation ?

Artur 

Well,

not sure if that's that case but check you're correctly installing the packages that come before the last one because otherwise the installation will not be correct...

Assuming you're in v5.4 when you download RealTurb Africa you will see that there is a 1.0 version installer. You have to start by that one, then apply the other two updates that followed over it. 

Check: 

and :

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

I think i have done things correctly, followed readme guide step by step.

Do you see Realturb in action often or only in some specific locations - like mountain for example?

Artur 

59 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

I think i have done things correctly, followed readme guide step by step.

Do you see Realturb in action often or only in some specific locations - like mountain for example?

Used it ....

Don't even have P3D installed anymore 😕

I did try in zones of the World where convection was being forecast or convective clouds reported, also near mountainous areas, but the tests in South America and Africa felt tame to me ... 

The MFS version was probably a bit more active though...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

In P3DV5 I see small effects on the borders of mountain ranges and flying over lakes and ponds. Up in the flight levels ^18000 , hardly any effect. I have the CAT edition and have yet to experience that. I may be wrong but I think it is tied to the terrain rather to Active Sky or any reported weather. I depend more on my camera motion effects in Chaseplane. I have all the P3D Realturbs except Africa.

Vic green

I tested originally flying over mountinous ranges in Africa and it did what it stated it would do (in providing turbulance over mountinous ranges).

Maybe also look at A2A's Accu-feel, it allows you to dialup the tubulance physics of the sim in general, so much so you wouldn't be able to keep the plane in the air if that was teh way you wanted it, I've dialed it back for the most part.

Check the Gforce meter on the RHS.

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

47 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Maybe also look at A2A's Accu-feel, it allows you to dialup the tubulance physics of the sim in general, so much so you wouldn't be able to keep the plane in the air if that was teh way you wanted it, I've dialed it back for the most part.

This is what I'm using, works great.

• Like 1