Sign in to follow this  
DLOXNG

MSFS LAGS/FREEZES Only on touch down

Hello, 

I'm getting these very annoying freezes on the sim and it's been this way for about a year if not more. I have been going through many fixes(giving 35Gb of rolling cache, disabling touchdown effects, turning on the developer mode and yet no fix on my side... I think this topic has been covered multiple times but do you guys have any idea of any new fixes or any fix that may work that would mean alot!

Kind Regards,

Axel.

GPU: GTX 1650

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X

RAM: 16

DRIVE: 1TO HDD

Looks like maybe your hardware is a little on the light side. 

I've got a i7-12700K processor, 32 DDR5 RAM, NVIDIA RTX 3060Ti GPU, 1 TB SSD for the system and a 2TB SSD for MSFS.  Flight and especially touchdowns are very smooth.

Maybe you are asking too much for your system with its current density settings.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

I guess what Axel means is the slight freeze you get the moment the wheels touch the ground. That is when the sim switches to the ground model. And I doubt that has anything to do with his hardware not being the snappiest. My Ryzen 7 3700X does the same.

Edited by Farlis

Maybe so but I don't have that problem.  I run the Navigraph addon depicting the flight plan during the flight.  The only hesitation I get is when I shift from the Navigraph full screen to the windowed mode well before landing,  After that, everything is smooth until shutdown.  Too many variables to check.  Maybe an addon that checks virtual memory might be helpful.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

So like the fps and everything are very good until my wheels touch the ground which is pretty weird right haha... 

I've been suspecting for a while that because I am using my mobos on board sound that I may be having some stutters when ATC speaks.  I wonder if a dedicated sound card might alleviate this?

I wonder if your stutter on touchdown might be related, though your hardware is probably begining to show signs of age now too and need a bit of an upgrade ( with your setup, I would be primarily looking at a 5600X3D as my first upgrade followed by a 3000 series graphics card if you are looking to do it on a reasonable budget (there are some great second hand deals now that the next gen stuff 8s out there).

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether a dedicated sound card may have its advantages?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

44 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether a dedicated sound card may have its advantages?

Dedicated sound cards are still a thing? I thought they had gone the way of the Dodo about 10 years ago.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I've been suspecting for a while that because I am using my mobos on board sound that I may be having some stutters when ATC speaks. 

Just curious if you also use the HD Audio driver from the Nvidia driver.  Not sure why you would need it over the MB.

8 hours ago, RocketRod said:

Just curious if you also use the HD Audio driver from the Nvidia driver.  Not sure why you would need it over the MB.

I believe so.  Maybe I need to take a look at that.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)