Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FlyTampa EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol

Wow, this has to be one of the most impressive 3rd party airports in the sim! Partly due to its sheer size, which I recall from several trips there IRL. 

Performance-wise I was positively surprised. I arrived from EDDK Cologne/Bonn in the Fenix, landed on rwy 18C in heavy clouds and light rain. Frames were decent on final approach. Taxiing to the terminal, performance was good enough to allow me to pan around both inside the cockpit and in external view, with relatively few stutters. 

I used FSHud/FSLTL and GSX, so I would have expected performance to be worse. Absolutely loved the auto-gate-thingy from GSX (can't remember the actual name). 

Also I'm using the dynamicLOD mod which decreased TLOD to 100 and OLOD to 150, as well as reduced cloud quality from ultra to high on the ground, in order to maintain the target FPS. Which I set to native 40FPS (FG 80). It didn't quite reach the target, hovering around 27FPS (FG 54). 

Doorrijhoogte!

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-18-02-2024-14Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-18-02-2024-14dynLOD.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

1 minute ago, motishow said:

where did you get 0.3.7?

Oh, I see now that latest version is 0.3.3. I must have gotten it from the developer. The link could be hidden somewhere in this thread:

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

I assume that having AI planes active has a much bigger hit on framerates/stutters than having lots of static aircraft at the gates?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

19 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

Really? Which Runways are missing in FlyTampas CYYZ?

15 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

They have more than 5?

Screenshot-2024-02-18-180955.jpg

I believe it was at this time 06L/24R was closed due repairs 

so 2021, some three years ago and not been fixed since.  

I believe 15R/33L and 06R/24L are missing from it, unless we updated recently, which going from the salkes screenshot, he hasnt.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

54 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I believe 15R/33L and 06R/24L are missing from it, unless we updated recently, which going from the salkes screenshot, he hasnt.

They are all there and I don't think the scenery has been updated recently. I don't recall it ever missing any of the runways for MSFS at least.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS