Sign in to follow this  
jaje

Suddenly..........

Guest andyBBOZ

Suddenly my FSX program stopped loading?? For over a year now I have experienced no problems when running my FSX program and taking flights, etc.However, I'm still stuck on using my FS9 program, because it has everything I still love using and find difficult to give up ..right now. Like "Flight Navigator, E-Z VFR & Landmark, FS Passenger,FDC, FlightSim Manager, ASV6 Wx, Ulimate Terrain USA, Ground Environment,Flight Environment,etc." and they all work beautifully together. A couple of days ago I decided to start updating my FSX program scenery, aircraft, etc, because now programs like ActiveSkyX, Ground Enviroment X, FEX, GTX, Flight Terrain and others have now become available. No luck ...when I go to load the FSX program the splash screen come up like it's loading, but after a few minutes it flips off, leaving me no message and only my Wndows XP Professional screen.I'm not into Vista, SP2 or Acceleration updates as yet, so I'm confused why ny FSX suddendley stopped working. For general information, I have added several FSX aircraft and scenery add-on's over the last couple of weeks, but noticed no problems when I activating them. Can anyone give me a clue what the heck I might have done to cause my FSX to suddendly stop loading? Thanks...in advance.

Guest deadly

Yesterday, all my FS troubles seemed so far awayNow it looks as though they're here to stayOh, I believe in yesterday.Suddenly, FS ain't the program it used to be,There's a shadow hanging over itOh, yesterday came suddenly.Why it had to crash I don't know it didn't sayI did nothing wrong, now I long for yesterday.Yesterday, FS was such an easy game to play.Now I need a place to hide away.Oh, I believe in yesterday.Mm mm mm mm mm mm mm.

I had same problem after installing a bunch of addons. It seems there was a conflict with either my fscopilot.dll or xguage.dll files. If during startup, I chose "Run" in the screen below for either file, FSX would quit loading and take me back to desktop. When I selected "Don't Run" FSX continued to load fine. Note that if you already (in the past) told FSX to "Always trust these files" (during a previous loading of FSX) you may have to edit your FSX.cfg file and remove those entries, or just delete the cfg file and let FSX build a new one. If you don't do this, you will never get the screen below asking you to "Don't Run"" the file...FSX will just try to do it and then end, taking you back to your desktop like you say it does. By deleting the FSX.cfg file, or removing the "trusted entries" in it already, the next time you start FSX you will get a screen for each of the files that aren't "trusted" yet, like below. You can trouble-shoot and isolate which file may be causing FSX to quit loading on you then.ScreenHunter_22.jpg

Rick Ryan

Guest andyBBOZ

Thanks, buddy..... Exactly my problem. Your response corrected my problem.FSCopilot.dll was the culprit. I loaded the add-on program and answered "Run".I followed your instructions and re-built my FSX cfg. file and now I'm back in business... thanks to you.I also appreciate all the others who tried to help by responding with their suggestions.Thanks again.

####!! Wish I'd read this a day or so ago. FSX suddenly refused to load at all, and since it was immediately after a crash landing while using the recently installed Vicplus scenery ( which is fabulous btw), I assumed it was something to do with the add-on scenery, which I uninstalled, but to no effect. So a complete clean reinstall later, still wouldn't load. Then I read this (too late!)ran the logbook cleaner, and all was immediately fine again. Suppose that'll teach me not to make rash assumptions.jaje