Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Is there a way to utilize MSFS NAV database?

11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'd like to say something else regarding this topic, which I should have included in my post above (wife's foot was tapping, so I was rushed for time when posting)...

I've known the Navigraph guys for quite some time, and that bunch are amazingly devoted to flight sim and Navigraph customers like few developers are (and I know many developers personally). I could get the subscription for free, but I chose to pay for it - it's THAT darned good, and I'm happy to support Navigraph. Put other way, if we didn't support such developers, we would not have the incredible products like Navigraph Charts (which includes a terrific moving map over the route and all types of charts when are added or moved from the map via a single click.  The cost for both Charts and the NavData is almost like getting the NavData updates for free.

There is one feature that Navigraph has never implemented, whereas every other moving map related product has.  They've not included VATSIM and IVAO traffic overlay on their map, and when I find the guy on their team which has (quite obviously) convinced Magnus not to implement this, I'm going to have my team abduct him, tie him to a chair in some deep, dark, musty basement, hold his eye lips open with Corn Flakes, and force him to watch Gilligan's Island and Hogan Hero's re-runs while we have kittens play with his bare feet!  The nerve of that guy!  The swine!  You here me man?  We're coming for you, whoever you are!  LMAO!

Anyhow... please think about what I said regarding supporting these types of developers. You not only get an incredible product, but you help ensure the future of the hobby - no exaggeration my friends. I've been around since the very beginning and I've seen great developers leave and I also remember the flight sim doldrums when I had every reason to believe (a few times) to think the hobby would stagnate and die out.

Best wishes to you all!

Dave

Just a little update on what I wrote yesterday. I just heard back from Navigraph.  Seems the threat of having kittens licking toes worked... and they are in the process of adding live (VATSIM) traffic to their map.  That will absolutely make the product practically indispensable for VATSIM controllers and pilots.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a whole new controller client pop into existence based on that alone!  Shoot, I could even see real-world applications - which would not be the first time that something done in Flight Sim was adopted real world.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

33 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just a little update on what I wrote yesterday. I just heard back from Navigraph.  Seems the threat of having kittens licking toes worked... and they are in the process of adding live (VATSIM) traffic to their map.  That will absolutely make the product practically indispensable for VATSIM controllers and pilots.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a whole new controller client pop into existence based on that alone!  Shoot, I could even see real-world applications - which would not be the first time that something done in Flight Sim was adopted real world.

The moment they add IVAO, I'm sold.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

1 minute ago, willy647 said:

The moment they add IVAO, I'm sold.

I didn't specifically ask about IVAO, but I'm sure they'll do it for both networks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I didn't specifically ask about IVAO, but I'm sure they'll do it for both networks.

Give me a pen, where do I sign !

• Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

On 3/9/2024 at 4:41 AM, martinboehme said:

To be clear: I have a Navigraph subscription, and I wouldn't be without it, but others might be content with the navdata included in MSFS - except that not all addons can use it. 

"....except that not all addons can use it"....  conversely, which addons use it?

19 minutes ago, Matt Sdeel said:

"....except that not all addons can use it"....  conversely, which addons use it?

The inibuilds A300 and FBW A320 are two that I'm aware of.