Sign in to follow this  
JYW

The problem with Fenix V2's displays lighting

I think I've figured out what's wrong with the Fenix V2's dim display screens (at least in my own head).

The issue is that, in real life, electrically lit lights will appear brighter when in the shade.

Now take a look at the screenshot below.   The section that is within the shade is exactly where the AP FMAs are.  But because the FMAs are not 'real light', rather than being brighter, they become dimmer, along with all of the other textures.  

As cockpits are generally quite dark in MSFS, the Fenix V2's display screens spend a lot of their time within a shaded area.  ..... and thus, the displays are too dim.

66666.png

What do you think @Aamir

Could we have a higher level of brightness available, when the dimmers are set to max, in the next update?

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I have this issue too. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I have this issue too. 

Same here, and when I posted this when B2 first came out., with a screen shot, a  few commented that theirs was fine and my monitor must be out of adjustment.  LOL

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

Try to play with the Nvidia filters in GeForce experience...

Don't use Geforce Experience.

I'd just like an option to go brighter on the displays.   Most other airliners have screens that are more readable. Would just like this provision in the Fenix too.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Don't use Geforce Experience.

I'd just like an option to go brighter on the displays.   Most other airliners have screens that are more readable. Would just like this provision in the Fenix too.

I agree, I have the PMDG 737 and the PFD displays is bright and clear, in any kind of lighting. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310