Sign in to follow this  
level7

Disable runways for AI on payware airports

Posted (edited)

Is there an easy way to disable runways for AI aircraft? ... or is it possible with some tweaking with the SDK?

Getting really annoyed with 07/08 arrivals/departures at ini KLAX. I'm aware in SU14 there is the option to have your own flight to land at the runway of your choosing but the AI airplanes doe their own thing.

Edited by level7

Just now, level7 said:

Is there an easy way to disable runways for AI aircraft? ... or is it possible with some tweaking with the SDK?

Getting really annoyed with 07/08 departures at ini KLAX. I'm aware in SU14 there is the option to have your own flight to land at the runway of your choosing but the AI airplanes doe their own thing.

Only by editing the AFCAD, I'm afraid. And you'll have to do it again with any update to the scenery.

A simpler solution: Go to flightsim.to and download "AIFlow" and "AIGround". They MASSIVELY improve AI traffic behaviour (runway incursions, approach speed et.), and what's really handy: You can easily manually define runways-to-be-used-by-AI, so you can make AI depart on this runway and land on that one or whatever you want. Also very useful in MSFS because it effectively hard-codes the AI to certain runways, so wind changes in MSFS won't mean anymore that you'll suddenly have AI taking off right into you on your final approach. I use it each and every flight and immersion has increased so much.

Hello. Thanks for your recommendations. Do we need to run aiground and aiflow toguether? 
i used today fsltl with both but aiground made strange things. Planes landed and stop very near touchdowns. 
I thought: better only aiflow and fsltl to say ai planes what runway is on use to land or tske off? 
on the other side, aiflow is not compatible with fshud? 
i like how fshud makes atc control but i prefer how aiflow makes ai separation before landing. 
thanks for reading!

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

i used today fsltl with both but aiground made strange things. Planes landed and stop very near touchdowns.

That's just one of the reasons that I can't get away from PSXT. Even with it's quirks and faults, it's still that much better.

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

Hello. Thanks for your recommendations. Do we need to run aiground and aiflow toguether? 
I thought: better only aiflow and fsltl to say ai planes what runway is on use to land or tske off? 
on the other side, aiflow is not compatible with fshud? 
i like how fshud makes atc control but i prefer how aiflow makes ai separation before landing. 
thanks for reading!

Just increase the AILandingTargetTime in the .AIGround.ini file or you can simply disable it (=0).  It is set at a low default value to get the AI to vacate the runway more quickly and reduce go-arounds.  However, fi you are using AIFlow's forced landing mode (landing runway selection and no go-arounds), you need a non-zero AILandingTargetTime and you need to have AIGround running at the same time as AIFlow.

In my next versions I am seriously thinking about having every feature disabled by default. I don't understand how, even if someone didn't read any of the documentation, they used the program, noticed the AI was stopping more quickly, and then didn't notice this default parameter entry in the AIGround.ini file:

AILandingTargetTime=5  //sec (disable =0)(ON & LOW val e.g. 8 IF using AIFlow Forced Ldg)

If I download a program controlled by a .ini file, I am expecting that I will at least have to open up that .ini file and figure a few things out.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

That's just one of the reasons that I can't get away from PSXT. Even with it's quirks and faults, it's still that much better.

I used PSXT and Realtraffic, but unfortunately, they dont cover:

LEIB,LEMG,LEZL,LEBB,LEST,LEXJ,LEPA... many mistakes because of the poor data coverage, Only Madrid and Barcelona have good, data. The same in every country.

I dont want to feel obligated to fly to those big airports every one i want to sim.

More of this, i paid realtraffic professional subscription and the data coverage were better than now. nthe price has no changed. 

So ive decided to finish paying until better service and, of course, uuntil Beyondatc comes.

In the meantime, fshud is doing a veeery good job.

4 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Just increase the AILandingTargetTime in the .AIGround.ini file or you can simply disable it (=0).  It is set at a low default value to get the AI to vacate the runway more quickly and reduce go-arounds.  However, fi you are using AIFlow's forced landing mode (landing runway selection and no go-arounds), you need a non-zero AILandingTargetTime and you need to have AIGround running at the same time as AIFlow.

In my next versions I am seriously thinking about having every feature disabled by default. I don't understand how, even if someone didn't read any of the documentation, they used the program, noticed the AI was stopping more quickly, and then didn't notice this default parameter entry in the AIGround.ini file:

AILandingTargetTime=5  //sec (disable =0)(ON & LOW val e.g. 8 IF using AIFlow Forced Ldg)

If I download a program controlled by a .ini file, I am expecting that I will at least have to open up that .ini file and figure a few things out.  

thank you very much!!!

6 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Hello again! i did use and read your .ini and tried once without FSHud. The problem is that with the MSFS ATC, all is working veeery bad.

I used only Aiflow and ai planes did land, but they become vrazy and vacate teh runway very quickly...so they couldnt stop and went into the terminal and further.

So, i launched fshud, and can i use it with aiflow and aiground? 

aiflow works very well choosing the landing to runway and ai separation...but, as you have said; it needs aiground also.

11 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Hello again! i did use and read your .ini and tried once without FSHud. The problem is that with the MSFS ATC, all is working veeery bad.

I used only Aiflow and ai planes did land, but they become vrazy and vacate teh runway very quickly...so they couldnt stop and went into the terminal and further.

So, i launched fshud, and can i use it with aiflow and aiground? 

aiflow works very well choosing the landing to runway and ai separation...but, as you have said; it needs aiground also.

The easiest thing would be just don't use AIGround.  Just make sure you do not use forced landing mode in AIFlow either.

If you really want to use AIGround, you can control AI max taxi speed using AIMaxTaxiSpeed (=0 is disabled, i.e., MSFS default speeds).  You can slow down the speed of the AI on the runways (after landing) using AITaxiSpeedOnRunwayAfterLanding.  You can turn off fast runway vacate using AITaxiFastVacate (=0 is disabled).  Taxi parameters can further be tweaked in the Secondary Landing Rollout Parameters section.  

I don't think AIGround/AIFlow is compatible with FSHUD simply because they are both modifying the default MSFS AI traffic control program to do what each program needs to do.  

Posted (edited)

Nevermind.

Edited by Fiorentoni

1 hour ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

The easiest thing would be just don't use AIGround.  Just make sure you do not use forced landing mode in AIFlow either.

If you really want to use AIGround, you can control AI max taxi speed using AIMaxTaxiSpeed (=0 is disabled, i.e., MSFS default speeds).  You can slow down the speed of the AI on the runways (after landing) using AITaxiSpeedOnRunwayAfterLanding.  You can turn off fast runway vacate using AITaxiFastVacate (=0 is disabled).  Taxi parameters can further be tweaked in the Secondary Landing Rollout Parameters section.  

I don't think AIGround/AIFlow is compatible with FSHUD simply because they are both modifying the default MSFS AI traffic control program to do what each program needs to do.  

Clipper ocean...is there a way to use aiground only to force runway taking off? i mean, only that option and not using the rest of parameters.

i have seen ai planes entering on runway incursion to take off without being allowed by tower. intermittent taxiing and very slowly speed. 

thae rest (ai flow) is working very well for me:)

i use them only to say what runway do they have to use.

thank you!

2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

what is nevermind?

That my post can be deleted/removed.

14 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

A simpler solution: Go to flightsim.to and download "AIFlow" and "AIGround". They MASSIVELY improve AI traffic behaviour (runway incursions, approach speed et.), and what's really handy: You can easily manually define runways-to-be-used-by-AI, so you can make AI depart on this runway and land on that one or whatever you want. Also very useful in MSFS because it effectively hard-codes the AI to certain runways, so wind changes in MSFS won't mean anymore that you'll suddenly have AI taking off right into you on your final approach. I use it each and every flight and immersion has increased so much.

Thanks will check this out!

I have tried FSHud but sometimes it gives me some weird arrivals and departures and the default ATC can be quite fun under the right circumstances