Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

What do we think of this?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, stans said:

Drones might explain the small, incredibly fast, incredibly maneuverable, "Tic-Tac" UAP's that make up a good portion of sightings in the past few years. 

The claim is huge amounts of G though, in the thousands. So even if not manned, the structure itself should be ripped apart. If there's any truth to this stuff then Star Trek style inertial dampening is required, I would have thought.

With modern weapons, the risk of being killed is higher, so send drones to monitor and test the Earthlings.

I wouldn't think that a hyper advanced alien race capable of visiting us and traveling at relativistic velocities, would have any issue with our weapons'. They may be von Neuman probes of course.

Edited by martin-w

5 hours ago, martin-w said:

So I'm thinking the most likely explanation is that somebody made the story up  

I'm thinking you would be right.

This 'story' is exactly that; a story. It's a piece of fiction dressed up as 'news' to fill a website that is hungry for content. These days with 24 hour media the demand for content is enormous.  They've simply got to fill it otherwise all they've got is paint drying.

If you read this article carefully you'll notice there are absolutely no verifiable facts presented at all. This sort of stuff generally follows a familiar path; 'could', 'might', 'was told by', etc. hidden amongst claims of reliability of the source which are actually meaningless. Being  ex- military or even (gasp!) "special forces" does not make for anymore of a trustworthy source than the guy who empties my bins once a fortnight.

This isn't really anything new either. Our press has been making stuff up to fill it's pages for over two centuries. It certainly can and does do a great deal of accurate, newsworthy and factual reporting but alongside this it's also got to find amusing stuff to fill the pages.

The purpose of the majority of our media is actually nothing more sinister than to sell advertising space and make a buck or two. If you read this sort of thing with that in mind everything becomes much less of a mystery .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

This isn't really anything new either. Our press has been making stuff up to fill it's pages for over two centuries. It certainly can and does do a great deal of accurate, newsworthy and factual reporting but alongside this it's also got to find amusing stuff to fill the pages.

The purpose of the majority of our media is actually nothing more sinister than to sell advertising space and make a buck or two. If you read this sort of thing with that in mind everything becomes much less of a mystery .

And with the advent of the Internet the storytelling has skyrocketed exponentially.  There are so many podcasts and just random people on Youtube posting videos with catchy titles and most of the time they're just rehashing or sensationalizing what's already in the news, all to make a buck or two.

I also come across the most absurd and ridiculous articles almost every day from some outlet online.  There are now hundreds of so-called news outlets online with articles written by some young wannabe journalist and most of them are full of propaganda.  It's almost mind-boggling how easy it is nowadays to disseminate pure word not allowed to millions of people with just the push of a mouse button.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

23 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

If you read this article carefully you'll notice there are absolutely no verifiable facts presented at all. This sort of stuff generally follows a familiar path; 'could', 'might', 'was told by', etc. hidden amongst claims of reliability of the source which are actually meaningless. Being  ex- military or even (gasp!) "special forces" does not make for anymore of a trustworthy source than the guy who empties my bins once a fortnight.

What always a occurs to me is how they add too much detail, they cant resist going just a bit too far with the tale. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 1:14 PM, n4gix said:

I should think that firing at and downing a UAP falls into the Very Bad Idea category

If they have been observing us for very long they are well aware of our propensity for shooting first and asking question later not to mention that humankind has been at war since the first humanoid species cracked the skull of another one with a rock.

As for our blood sport of war The Hittites, the Babylonians, the Egyptians, the Philistines, the Israelites, the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans, Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun, Cyrus the Great, Alexander the Great, European wars and colonization, African tribal warfare, America's westward expansion under Manifest Destiny, the War of 1812, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, etc-etc-etc (I could go on for pages) would give any extraterrestrial observer cause for concern before landing here in person unless he wanted to serve humanity fattened up on the pastures of Sol 3.

Noel

• Like 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:40 AM, G-RFRY said:

I think you will find he`s standing for an MP in the next election, hoping to be PM in the future, along with all the other aliens running the worlds governments.

He is actually a pretty decent bloke, so his chances of becoming PM are Tiny