Sign in to follow this  
rmeier

Fenix A320 - Air Canada Symphony of Voices

This particular aircraft left the Toulouse Assembly facility as Serial # 159 and was delivered to Air Canada on April 3, 1991 (originally delivered in the Air Canada Classic Red Stripes livery...see my earlier post).

The aircraft repaint depicted here is actually the third livery adorned by C-FFWN/Fin 212 (with the 2nd livery being the traditional white bodied, black tail with red maple leaf...the one before the current "bandit" livery!).  🙂

This "Canadian Flag" paint scheme was a one-off design, painted only on this aircraft, to celebrate the 65th Anniversary of Air Canada in 2002. 

This unique paint scheme was entitled "Symphony of Voices". Not only did this paint represent the 65th Anniversary of the airline, it was also a homage to the employees of Air Canada...with all 22,000+ employee signatures adorned within the fuselage Maple Leaf of this one-off paint design.

This Symphony of Voices livery flew for 7 years (Sept 2002 - Nov 2009) before C-FFWN was again repainted (for the last time) in the AC "toothpaste blue" livery.

C-FFWN/Fin 212 was retired on September 30, 2019 following 28 years of (uneventful) service to Air Canada, and then made her final flight to the Pinal Airpark storage facility the following day.

This Fenix A320 Texture Set was painted on request. As no images/stencils of the fuselage art and tail graphic design were available independantly, these "artworks" were re-created based off of photos of the aircraft available online.

Fenix has also created such a perfect cabin, I couldn't resist making a few changes there as well...including period correct fabric for the seats, a copy of Enroute Magazine and the Air Canada A320 Safety Card in the seat pouch and some additional bilingual signage in the cabin.

Just uploaded to FS.to

Xv4s40Z.jpg

hyEream.jpg

WhhiXjo.jpg

0RrFpDO.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Extremely nice attention to detail. Well done!

• Like 1

Wonderful paint again Rob! If I look at the tail and the nose it's not simply full color, looks a bit like glaze, at the nose the thin white lines shining through and so.

Also the cabin looks great.

• Like 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

Excellent !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

17 hours ago, John F said:

Extremely nice attention to detail. Well done!

Thank you! Spend a little more time on this one than I initially planned...happy with the result!

15 hours ago, darrenvox said:

awesome!!

Thank you!

13 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Wonderful paint again Rob! If I look at the tail and the nose it's not simply full color, looks a bit like glaze, at the nose the thin white lines shining through and so.

Also the cabin looks great.

Thank you Andreas! I think what you may be seeing is the weathering effects of the paint kit...as mentioned in another post...Fenix has done so many things well on this sim...including their paint kit...no wonder it is one of te most popular add-ons for painters!  🙂

8 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Excellent !

cheers 😉

Thank you!

Fantastic and meticulous work...and a lovely paint scheme...!

Frankly, I know the "Bandit" too well...🙂, but this (nice) livery escapes my memory from previous SIMs...

Nice interior decorator job, here...I do recall perusing e.g., the Lufthansa Magazine and other such publications in the backseat pocket during my LH flights, until one day they all disappeared around/after the Covid. The glossy pages were apparently magnets for the virus...

Glad to see them back here...🙂...even if in the virtual world...Enjoyed the brief life-story of this airframe...To me these are like humans...🙂.... with a story to tell...with unique ups and downs of life...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Frankly, I know the "Bandit" too well...🙂, but this (nice) livery escapes my memory from previous SIMs...

Thank you for the comment, P_7878!

TBH...I wasn't familiar with this livery either...I was living outside of Canada at the time, so I never saw this one "live" either. Hopefully I've done this one some justice through this repaint...and allow it to live on...  🙂

• Upvote 1