Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Steam Community folder

Some technical help please 

I have a Microsoft installed version of MSFS 2020 installed but it is currently inoperable plus a Steam copy of MSFS 2020 also installed but operable -all on the same computer 

Where do I find the Community folder for the Steam version-is there one?

With the original Microsoft MSFS 2020 ie the initial installed version the Community folder is easy to find

Long term this is not a tenable situation but in the meantime I would like to use some Addons for the Steam version of MSFS 2030 -if it’s possible 

xxd09

25 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Some technical help please 

I have a Microsoft installed version of MSFS 2020 installed but it is currently inoperable plus a Steam copy of MSFS 2020 also installed but operable -all on the same computer 

Where do I find the Community folder for the Steam version-is there one?

With the original Microsoft MSFS 2020 ie the initial installed version the Community folder is easy to find

Long term this is not a tenable situation but in the meantime I would like to use some Addons for the Steam version of MSFS 2030 -if it’s possible 

xxd09

https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000113722-where-is-the-community-folder-msfs2020

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Here is the correct path.. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

You must have explorer set to show hidden files.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Unless you set a custom location for the Steam version at the time of the install.

My community folder for the Steam version, for example, is located at E:\MSFS\Community

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

11 hours ago, Noell said:

Unless you set a custom location for the Steam version at the time of the install.

My community folder for the Steam version, for example, is located at E:\MSFS\Community

as mine  is

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

11 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Here is the correct path.. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

You must have explorer set to show hidden files.

depends  on  where  you have  installed it  since  mine  is not  in  that path

Peter kelberg

14 hours ago, xxd09 said:

I would like to use some Addons for the Steam version of MSFS 2030

Skipping 2024?

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

12 minutes ago, verbal said:

Skipping 2024?

they might  get  the  sim  stable  by  than   🙂

Peter kelberg

8 hours ago, pete_auau said:

depends  on  where  you have  installed it  since  mine  is not  in  that path

Yes, but then you know where it is, don't you? I'm sure OP would know as well if he did a custom install.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Microsoft .Flight Dashboard file not found -any other places I could look

Steam version working fine -flying,purchases etc -but I would like access to the Steam Community folder -if possible for Addons 

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

19 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Steam version working fine -flying,purchases etc -but I would like access to the Steam Community folder -if possible for Addons 

xxd09

Load MSFS and follow these steps:
  1. Go to Options → General Options.
  2. Turn on dev mode by clicking the Developers tab and set Developer Mode to On. Now a new menu bar shows up on the top of the screen.
  3. In this menu, click Tools → Virtual File System.
  4. Expand “Packages Folders”
  5. Press “Open Community Folder”

Peter kelberg

22 hours ago, xxd09 said:

xxd09

There is no "Microsoft Flight Dashboard file" in the Steam version, I gave you the correct file path.

The community folder that previously was attached to the Microsoft installation of MSFS 2020 now seems to be working for the Steam version of MSFS 2020 installed on the same computer-somehow?!

No doubt my Microsoft account,Store and Xbox settings will be restored in time -after 30 days they tell me but I won’t be going back there in a hurry 

If I ever get MSFS 2024 it will probably be the Steam version 

Thanks to all for your help-I am flying again!

xxd09