Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Having VC clickspots suddenly inactive PMDG 738?

This has happened twice to me since the last PMDG update for it, and it never happened previously that I recall.  It's not recoverable from anything I've found to do to fix it, so of course it's effectively a crash.  No problem zooming/panning but can't interact with anything except the EFB.  Any solutions for this that we know of?

Thanks

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

54 minutes ago, Noel said:

This has happened twice to me since the last PMDG update for it, and it never happened previously that I recall.  It's not recoverable from anything I've found to do to fix it, so of course it's effectively a crash.  No problem zooming/panning but can't interact with anything except the EFB.  Any solutions for this that we know of?

Thanks

I've had that too on preflight a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I've had that too on preflight a couple of days ago.

Yep, preflight here too on both events.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Just had this on final approach to Innsbruck, on VATSIM with a controller active. Oh the fun when you want to disconnect the autopilot and you don't hear the bell going off, your instruments are frozen and you have traffic behind you as well.

Sat her down, because she was still flyable and the engine reacted to inputs via the hardware controlls, but nothing else did.

So I had to disconnect after landing.

54 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Just had this on final approach to Innsbruck, on VATSIM with a controller active. Oh the fun when you want to disconnect the autopilot and you don't hear the bell going off, your instruments are frozen and you have traffic behind you as well.

Sat her down, because she was still flyable and the engine reacted to inputs via the hardware controlls, but nothing else did.

So I had to disconnect after landing.

Please, please, please submit a ticket. PMDG needs to know that his is a huge, glaring issue for their users. 

31 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Please, please, please submit a ticket. PMDG needs to know that his is a huge, glaring issue for their users. 

I sumbit a ticket. They told me I'd have to tell them the exact steps to reproduce or they can't do anything. For sure, so from now on I'll write down any button I click and any switch I flip from start to finish of a flight. That's even more fun with the CDU and all those buttons!
Or... I'll just fly the Fenix.

(Luckily it has only happened once for me so far, so unless this becomes a regular issue I will of course still fly the 737)

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I sumbit a ticket

Me2, submitted a ticket. 

This just came back.  I don't think this is the case as I don't input anything manually into the UFT, I only select runways and click buttons, but I'll look at this next time it happens:

Hello Noel

Can you please ensure you are not in a text entry field in the UFT when this occurs as that can cause that type of behavior.  Either ENTER Or TAB to make sure you are out of the fields on the UFT

Paul Gollnick
Customer & Product Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC
Edited by Noel

Noel

I had this issue sometime ago in combination with FSiPanel. But the last few weeks no issue.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).