Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

GSX Question

Is there a way to turn off the redundant sounds of the people boarding the plane "howdy ma'am" and the flight attendants "chatter"?  I don't mind the sounds of the bins closing and the foot traffic... Just looking to get rid of the voices.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Posted (edited)

In the most obvious and elegant way: by closing the airplane cockpit door, if it has one that can be opened and closed.

Well, ok, I'm being a bit optimistic, because few of the airplanes that have one you can open/close are yet supported with this feature in GSX, since the feature is brand new, right now the ones where GSX recognizes an animated cockpit door are:

- MS ATR-42/72

- Leonardo Maddog MD8x

- Justflight BaE-146

- Fenix A320

- Inibuilds A300/310

- Justflight F-28

If you know of any airplanes that DO have a cockpit door that can be opened/closed, just name them, so we might add them to the list of supported ones.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, virtuali said:

In the most obvious and elegant way: by closing the airplane cockpit door, if it has one that can be opened and closed.

Well, ok, I'm being a bit optimistic, because few of the airplanes that have one you can open/close are yet supported with this feature in GSX, since the feature is brand new, right now the ones where GSX recognizes an animated cockpit door are:

- MS ATR-42/72

- Leonardo Maddog MD8x

- Justflight BaE-146

- Fenix A320

- Inibuilds A300/310

- Justflight F-28

If you know of any airplanes that DO have a cockpit door that can be opened/closed, just name them, so we might add them to the list of supported ones.

I should have clarified what I was wanting to do.  I fly the Fenix and know the doors can be opened and closed, and I know how to turn up or down the PA system from the radio panel.  I have a bunch of airline specific announcements that I want to hear in place of the default GSX.  Nothing against the default GSX as I have used that for years.  I would just rather only hear the specific announcements that I have downloaded for the Fenix as a change of pace.  Right now I only know how to have them both on and often times they conflict with each other.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

37 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I would just rather only hear the specific announcements that I have downloaded for the Fenix as a change of pace.  Right now I only know how to have them both on and often times they conflict with each other.  

Since the GSX passengers' voices are controlled by the cockpit door, while the Fenix airline announcements are controlled by the PA Volume, by closing the cockpit door and turning the PA Volume up, you'll achieve exactly that: you'll hear only the Fenix airline announcements.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, virtuali said:

FlyByWire A32NX (not visually but system wise)

(https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/a32nx-api/a32nx-flightdeck-api/#cockpit-door)

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations