Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Minor MSFS loading issue

Posted (edited)

I have a minor issue with loading MSFS that has only appeared this morning, and I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I clicked on the MSFS icon to start the loading process this morning, and it seemed to stall on the "Checking for Updates" screen. In the end I had to sign out, sign back in, and start the loading process again. This forced the software to load the "MSFS did not start properly" screen. I selected "Start in Normal mode", and everything worked fine after that.

I assumed that this was an isolated glitch, but it has now happened three times in succession when loading MSFS from the desktop. The loading process has worked fine on the second attempt each time, so it does not seem to be an insurmountable problem. However, it should not be doing this.

Is this happening to anyone else? I am going to shut down the PC completely, and restart it to see if that cures the problem.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've definitely had periods where MSFS seems to stall on the updates screen.  I too was shutting it down after waiting 3-5 mins with no movement.  Then Zendesk told me to just leave it..... regardless how long it takes.   I did this and it hung on the updates page for over 10 mins.... then eventually, dutifully progressed to a normal start.  After this it no longer had the problem (until the next time it happened).

Not seen this for a few months though, but yes, it is an issue.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

I had same problem this morning, mate. Stuck on update checking.

Edited by rutrA

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Posted (edited)

I shut down the PC and rebooted. When I started loading MSFS this time, I was asked to sign in to my Microsoft account. I did this, and it loaded to the main screen. I then quit MSFS and tried loading it again. This time it loaded properly without any stalls on the "Checking for Updates" screen. Hopefully, that has resolved the issue.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Left LHR at 0715z for Venice, no start-up problems.

Did a bit of gardening and just fired up MSFS when reading this - again no problems ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The update screen pops up momentarily on load for me, I get the windowed version. Blue loading bar goes all the way to the right and nothing happens. Game doesn't load. Fans at almost 100% and CPU at 65%.

This is unacceptable for people not on the Beta. Guess I'll just wait for the SU15 update to see if it they can totally break it this time. 🙄

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz