Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Cowansim is having a Sale!!!

Bought the 206 b3 and the R66, but after trying both I am going to buy at least two more... My preferred so far in MSFS 2020.

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just now, hangar said:

Are these considered the best helicopters for msfs2020 these days?

I find both the 206 and the R66 I purchased today and tested for a while very good, to the point of making me forget about the supposed supremacy of XP fdm...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

21 minutes ago, hangar said:

They're not bad at all. Personally I prefer the Taog's helis: far more realistic anti-torque-pedal behaviour (with little to zero input required for the Cowan helis). BUT Cowan's R66 is actually pretty darn good (haven't tried his R22 yet) for the MSFS space. 

• Like 2

I'd suggest also trying the The FlyInside B-206 if you're looking for some good helis.

• Like 2

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

1 hour ago, hangar said:

There's a guy who says he's a real world heli pilot who says they are good.  Flyinside does the A2A thing where they have their own custom flight dynamics, but I notice they never go on sale (or I missed them). 

At normal price, the Cownasim stuff is a little steep, but at sale price I've picked up a few.  I think they are a good deal on sale for those of us who just want to casually check out helicopters.  Granted, I can barely fly the things even in MSFS 2020 (but it is rewarding once you start to figure it out). 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

52 minutes ago, CapnCrunch said:

I'd suggest also trying the The FlyInside B-206 if you're looking for some good helis.

I own it, as well as their Bell 47, but among other weird things I can't autorotate at all with success, using the correct RW procedure, while in the Cowan it works rather acceptably...

Main Simulation Rig: