Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Wow, have an opinion and you get removed.

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

There's this... No imagery of the actual headset, but a bit of talk about how and why it's useful.  I've never heard the fixed base procedures trainers sims called "half simulators" but it's not a bad term.

I agree that the official forums will censor weird things.  In this case, what probably got you is that they are hyper touchy about players telling other players the "right" way to play.  They work hard to keep it inclusive.  So for instance, arguments between real hardware vs virtual, VR vs 2d, PC vs Xbox, they all get shut down pretty quick.  I can kind of see the point... Inclusiveness is good, and in the end this is really play for all of us, but people do get pretty fired up about it.

First time hearing the term "half simulator", I wonder if the news crew came up with that one. Single and dual seat fixed based trainer, that I've heard in the past. Looks cool, now if they can get real hardware to work with V/R to remove the monitors and wrap around screens, that would be super!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

On 4/3/2024 at 4:44 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

That’s my take on it, but I guess it’s open for interpretation. I tried to start a discussion about this in the AutoFPS thread, but that ran the risk of derailing the thread.

What’s even more interesting is this comment from a mod in this thread https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dynamic-graphics-settings-expose-tlod-olod-clouds-etc-via-simconnect-l-vars/634075?u=cptpiett8113

…contradicting the forum policy of discussing these types of mods. Which probably caused some confusion among the forum moderators: do we censor a mod.. or not?

lH3M8NN.jpeg

In the same thread, my comments needed moderator approval before being shown 😅 Just shows how paranoid “they” are about this type of topic…

Yeah, its stupid. Without autofps I probably would fly a lot less.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---