Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Wow, have an opinion and you get removed.

There is a thread about "How do you like the music of MSFS" and I replied with "I would fire the composer 🙂 🙂 *löl" and was banned for three days. And yes, the smilies were there. I was slightly perplexed 🙂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hello,

This is an automated message from Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums to let you know that your post was removed.

Your post was flagged for moderator attention: the community feels something about the post requires manual intervention by a staff member.

This post was flagged by the community and a staff member opted to remove it.

My comment, is it that bad or is it the children can't handle the truth??????

VR is good for military type training since they wear headgear already, VR is not used in Airliner training because it is not superior to a full flight deck with wrap around screens.

Hence why the airline industry doesn’t use VR, they prefer dual trainers.
Please review our community guidelines for details.

Blimey Mike, that's outrageous. You really should real in the insults and offensive language. A good job you don't live in Scotland, otherwise you'd be getting a visit from the thought police! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

54 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

So how is this any different from any forum on the internet that is "Bias" to their product when someone has another "opinion"? I will wait for a serious answer. This is how the internet works in 2024 it happens here too to an extent where a complete thread gets locked. Its not like the MS forum is like Reddit where you basically say what you want. example. Just go to another famous forum and make an opinion and do not sign your name and see what happens. It also happens at the competitors forums of MS too where you have something to say what they don't like and get banned.

Exactly this. All manufacturers or developers forums are there to promote their products.

Simple as that. They have nothing to do with any concept of ‘free speech’. None of them hide this either. It’s spelt out explicitly in the terms that everyone signs up to….

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

So how is this any different from any forum on the internet that is "Bias" to their product when someone has another "opinion"? I will wait for a serious answer. This is how the internet works in 2024 it happens here too to an extent where a complete thread gets locked. Its not like the MS forum is like Reddit where you basically say what you want. example. Just go to another famous forum and make an opinion and do not sign your name and see what happens. It also happens at the competitors forums of MS too where you have something to say what they don't like and get banned.

What does VR have to do with any type of bias to their product? MS2020 is not being compared to X-Plane, P3D or any other base platform for that matter.

• Like 3

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I agree it was over the top to remove your comment, but the worry about "censorship" here is misguided. It's not a government, it's a corporation. I personally don't think it's good business to be that sensitive, but if they do, so be it. Just move on with your life and avoid their private message boards. Why get offended and post here? Because you want validation from like-minded people, and that's no better. 

I'll also point out that, "is it that bad or is it the children can't handle the truth??????" is a ridiculous statement. Again, I wouldn't remove it personally, but it's so unreasonable and lacks any kind of nuance. Why the huge line of question marks? Why create/provoke more of these pointless, and, frankly, inaccurate generational wars? People are people, stop acting like every generation is wildly different from the last. It's just tribalism and justifies negative actions and feelings toward people you don't even know. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

You really only have 2 options in those forums:

1) Report a bug with several well-written pages of supporting info/screenies/videos - You'll hear nothing but crickets.

2) Report you are not happy about a bug -  You'll be moderated/banned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

A lot of modern content moderation is done by bots.  I doubt there's any real human ever involved.  Weirdly random things can trigger AI.  They might even just remove anything with the word "military" in it. 

Not defending their process (official forums are always like this), but just saying I doubt any human at MS actually did anything.  They don't hire people to sit and moderate their forums, they set an AI routine loose and be done with it. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I had a post removed too. I (politely) disagreed with the logic of releasing an update that MS knew had a problem. The wording was similar … “The community flagged it…”.   That’s a load of bull. It was the moderator over-moderating.  The community was agreeing with me. I don’t visit much anymore.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

This is an automated message from Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums to let you know that your post was removed.

Your post was flagged for moderator attention: the community feels something about the post requires manual intervention by a staff member.

😄 Ah yes THAT forum....  but better one of your posting get removed than your whole account. Like mine a few months ago because I had opinions too, how to enhance this and perfectionize that.... waaaaay too much opinion (and positive attitude for various planes that are not getting released for a certain box like the Fenix Airbus or the Black Square GA´s) I had for that official Flight Simulator forum.......

Haven´t your read the NEW ultrastrict 2022-hardliner-edition-unofficial rules? 😉

Forum rule 1: One does not have an opinion. About nothing.

Forum rule 2: If you are personally disliked by a certain mod all your postings get flagged. You wake up and next morning find literally all your postings flagged by no-one-knows just flagged, and therefore removed. Even for simple one liner postings like "How´s the Fenix weather radar going, anything new and exciting for the oncoming V2 update?" reasons to flag will be found.

Forum rule 3: You are not allowed to have an opinion or show any preference. About nothing!

Forum rule 4: Positive emotions (like for example liking plane engineering, and bringing on engineering knowledge about turbine or cockpit systems into discussion) are strictly prohibited. All emotions, expertise, or opinions are strictly prohibited.

The most funny thing was: The more the community liked me there, the more reasons where found to mock and (flag and) block everything 😄 epic show! I thought the skies are open for everyone, and EVERYONE is a pilot now huh?

Edited by JetCat
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

They don't hire people to sit and moderate their forums, they set an AI routine loose and be done with it. 

With all the Community Managers and Moderators on the official MSFS forums now, I don't believe that to be the case.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

22 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Community Managers and Moderators

There's the problem right there: 'Community' Manager. Not FORUM or CONTENT manager.

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

You should try mentioning about how good the AutoLOD mod is.  :sad:

I did. That was my last post over there 😂

bvI3qEJ.jpeg

F20maIe.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

There are a ton of snowflake mods on their forums.

I don't believe that to be true either.

There's been a noticeable shift in moderation tone since last Autumn/Fall. What was previously permitted and even commented upon by some mods has now changed, as if by edict...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

12 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

You should try mentioning about how good the AutoLOD mod is.  :sad:

Or a certain Map Replacement product I foolishly mentioned lol… which, if I couldn’t use I’d have no satellite scenery half the time… 

but no - I was censored 🫣

• Like 1

A reminder about using mods or apps that actively rewrites memory addresses in Microsoft Flight Simulator, such as AutoFPS/DynamicLOD. These modifications alter licensed data, which as per our Code of Conduct is prohibited.

That is an interesting statement. Are they suggesting that AutoFPS or Dynamic LOD are actually illegal mods??

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png