Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado T182T mod info

5 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

With their newer models yes it's a lot better .. although I'm painting in 3d now (using Adobe substance painter).  Though some of their planes have mirrored textures like this skylane hehe.

Some of these newer addons are impossible to paint with the old 2d Photoshop/GIMP techniques.  For instance the new Cirrus G6 has around 90 total exterior dds textures if you're making metallic paints.  And you HAVE to paint with 3d like blender or substance.

It's been a learning curve but Tim and I sort of fought through blender and moved to substance - we sort of "egg each other on" and paint the same planes hehe.  

Ah, good to know. I've been trying to get my head around painting in Blender also. Just don't seem to have enough time - always find myself having to go over what I learnt last time I tried 😊

Murray Dreyer

Aside from editing a couple of texture files in Paint.net now and then (usually to change registration numbers!), I'm happy to leave the dark arts of 3D texturing to those with a natural talent in the field, like Ryan. 😎

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 4/6/2024 at 3:14 AM, ryanbatc said:

It's been a learning curve but Tim and I sort of fought through blender and moved to substance - we sort of "egg each other on" and paint the same planes hehe.  

I really enjoy working with you on all these liveries! :smile:

Great to see more people still flying the T182T. If I remember correctly, it was one of the very first addons for MSFS. But I just bought it last month directly from Carenado, which makes it possible to do some modifications. I still hope that the C182 will be one of the next planes from A2A. But until then I'll enjoy flying (and painting) the T182T.

I've just uploaded two modern liveries:

N752ES-7.jpg

https://flightsim.to/file/72566/carenado-cessna-t182t-n752es-dynamic-registration

N203DB-3.jpg

https://flightsim.to/file/72567/carenado-cessna-t182t-n203db-dynamic-registration

The later one has to be checked by the flightsim.to team for whatever reason. So I guess it will be available in a few hours.

Greetings
Tim

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Liveries with red..... the best haha!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 4/7/2024 at 10:12 PM, Tim-HH said:

Great to see more people still flying the T182T. If I remember correctly, it was one of the very first addons for MSFS. But I just bought it last month directly from Carenado, which makes it possible to do some modifications.

I've owned the CAR T182T from day 1.  On release, it was underwhelming with poor sounds.  But they did a mid-life update that really, really improved the plane. Great sounds now, FDE feel very convincing, and of course now it has the G1000 NXi.  I love it and fly it a lot - it's one of a few 'go-to' piston G1000 singles I enjoy. 😎

Although I bought the 182 in late 2020, from the Marketplace, I'm seriously considering buying it again direct from Carenado - to get access to those nice unencrypted CFG files! 😄

Love your repaints Tim 👍

• Like 2

Bill

6 hours ago, JYW said:

Love your repaints Tim 👍

Thank you very much, Bill! I really appreciate it 😃

6 hours ago, JYW said:

Although I bought the 182 in late 2020, from the Marketplace, I'm seriously considering buying it again direct from Carenado - to get access to those nice unencrypted CFG files! 😄

I'm in the same situation with their Seneca V. I check their website quite often to see if they have finally released it on their website without the DRM. The plane would be so much nicer with the new SU14 turbo logic. Still annoying that the Marketplace DRM encrypts all the cfg files. 

• Like 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I really like this plane as well but the visibility out the front is really poor in my opinion.  If I move my view point up to see a decent view out the front my view out the left and right is basically right at the bottom of the wing which greatly impacts side vision.

Does anyone else have this problem?  I've tried so many combos of view point, zoom values and whatever else I can think of but I have a hard time getting it to a point where I get decent forward and side visibility.

3 hours ago, KevinS137 said:

I really like this plane as well but the visibility out the front is really poor in my opinion.  If I move my view point up to see a decent view out the front my view out the left and right is basically right at the bottom of the wing which greatly impacts side vision.

Does anyone else have this problem?  I've tried so many combos of view point, zoom values and whatever else I can think of but I have a hard time getting it to a point where I get decent forward and side visibility.

Yeah I noticed the same but I think the skylane is kinda like that?  I guess irl you can quickly move your head down a little to look under the wing.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 hours ago, KevinS137 said:

I really like this plane as well but the visibility out the front is really poor in my opinion.

It is, and that's completely realistic.  The 182 has a huge old, tall panel, especially constrasted with the low side windows.

PS... the Cessna 206 and 207s are even worse!

Bill

56 minutes ago, JYW said:

It is, and that's completely realistic.  The 182 has a huge old, tall panel, especially constrasted with the low side windows.

PS... the Cessna 206 and 207s are even worse!

It is the one thing that has always bugged me with the high wing Cessnas.  I love them all, but I wish they had made them side windows just a little bit taller!  :smile:

I have a head tracker, but I still have to duck quite a bit to see under.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.