Sign in to follow this  
rick celik

Pyramid 8 Studios YRAY Sydney Seaplanes released

Posted (edited)

Hi all, Pyramid 8 Studios YRAY Sydney Seaplanes is out now on ORBX for MSFS.

Please join our discord for support https://discord.gg/gP3UjZjQ, also happy to talk here.

Hope you all enjoy and have fun with our first product, always looking for feedback too! Let me know what you all think:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/pyramid-yray-msfs

ZdVAYXP.jpeg

Edited by rick celik
  • Like 3

Looks beautiful, but the price tag is waaaaaaay to high for what you finally get. Even in the trailer several scenes will only look good with ORBX Cityscape Sydney installed, so it is basically an enhancement of this addon making the price tag even more absurd. Sorry to say...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Looks beautiful, but the price tag is waaaaaaay to high for what you finally get. Even in the trailer several scenes will only look good with ORBX Cityscape Sydney installed, so it is basically an enhancement of this addon making the price tag even more absurd. Sorry to say...

Thanks @AnkH, you raise a very good point about it, in regards to looking good with ORBX's Cityscape, I've now spoken to the everyone and advised to lower the pricing slightly. It is our first ever product so we are still adjusting to the market and feedback like yours is essential. We're going for $14.99 + gst which I think is more fair. Once it has its approval, it should reflect on the page.

*Edit* The price has been approved at AUD $14.99+gst / hope this fits better with the product.  

Edited by rick celik

they seem to crash a plane every few years

Jason Richards

29 minutes ago, jason74 said:

they seem to crash a plane every few years

@jason74 we are simply modeling the Sea Plane Base, Empire Lounge, Shark Island and Cottage Point Inn, we cant speak on any incidents related to any carriers or companies.

4 hours ago, rick celik said:

Thanks @AnkH, you raise a very good point about it, in regards to looking good with ORBX's Cityscape, I've now spoken to the everyone and advised to lower the pricing slightly. It is our first ever product so we are still adjusting to the market and feedback like yours is essential. We're going for $14.99 + gst which I think is more fair. Once it has its approval, it should reflect on the page.

*Edit* The price has been approved at AUD $14.99+gst / hope this fits better with the product.  

I missed what your original price was but this looks great mate.  Going to grab it for sure.  Always keen to support new developers looking to get their feet on the ground.

Just curious, do you have any other Australian seaplane bases in the works?

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

I missed what your original price was but this looks great mate.  Going to grab it for sure.  Always keen to support new developers looking to get their feet on the ground.

Just curious, do you have any other Australian seaplane bases in the works?

Jase

@JaseMelbo thank you so much for the comment and support, the original price was around the $20AUD mark, including gst. I think the previous comments do have weight, it was priced a little too high once you take it from a different angle as mentioned by @AnkH. So I was ok with lowering the price. 

Regarding other seaplane bases, if you have any recommondations send them through to me on our instagram or discord and ill look into it 🙂

Our goal is to work with the FS community and give them what they want. 

Edited by rick celik
  • Upvote 1

Looks amazing Rick. Just got a copy, and will have a play later. Very much my kind of thing.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

7 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Looks amazing Rick. Just got a copy, and will have a play later. Very much my kind of thing.

Andy, I really hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you have any feedback and we will get onto it. 

Hi all, hope you've enjoyed our little scenery. Our next project is going to be a little more bigger and full of new roads and bridges 😉

For the meantime, thanks to all who have supported us!

Due to quite a few requests, we are currently working on a small fictional fun pack with helipads scattered around YRAY, if you have any suggestions for helipad locations, let me know!. It will be a seperate package.

Cheers,

Rick