Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What's the proper way to update GSX pro?

I remember reading somewhere on here that there's a correct way to update this. Does anyone know?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I just run the "FSDT Live Update" or "FSDT Installer"

I prefer the FSDT Installer, as it will tell you what version is installed and if there is a newer version available. Then update.

• Like 2

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

I believe FSDT installer is the correct way, but it tough to tell these days.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

FSDT installer is best for above mentioned reasons (seeing if there's a new update or not).

Posted (edited)

There aren't two installers/updates, the program is just one and it's the same .EXE that runs, just with a reduced interface when started from the Live Update icon. I guess that somebody might have been confused assuming we have "two installers", because there's a Couatl_Updater.exe and a Couatl_Updater2.exe, but that's just the system which allows the updater to "update itself", so the 1st .exe doesn't do anything other than checking online if there might be a new version of the 2nd part (and download it if there is one). The 2nd .exe is what does the actual work of updating the products.

When started from the "Live Update" icon, the updater does only one thing: it updates all FSDT installed products and it automatically quits at the end. Nothing else.

When started from the "FSDT Installer" icon, the updater shows its full interface which does many other things (install, activate, deactivate, read manual, read release notes), and will let you update selected products, or even just one so, you have more options, but it's the same, identical .exe that runs and, the "Update ALL" button is functionally identical to calling the program from the "Live Update" interface.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 5