Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

Fenix a320 veering to the right on takeoff and landing

Hi, I recently bought the Thrustmaster TRFP rudder pedals and the work great! However, when I takeoff in the fenix it always veers to the right without any steering inputs. That also happens on landing. Any idea how to fix this?

What were the wind conditions?

Checked all bindings like rudder/tiller etc for something that interferes?

I also own the TFRP and find that they don't center very well.  Mine seem to have a bit of play in their construction, so they often sit just a bit off-center.  

I also think the built-in curve is very aggressive, so even if they're just a bit off that translates to a lot of input in-game.  If you do a quick Google search you'll see a lot of people discussing how sensitive they can be.  I read somewhere that rocking them back and forth before starting the sim can help 'self-calibrate' them, but I often forget to do so and have no idea if it's really true. 

You could try setting a larger dead zone in-sim and also try flying with the rudders disconnected in order to rule them out as the cause.

• Like 1