Sign in to follow this  
beechcaptain

PFPX and NAT Tracks Issue

Posted (edited)

I tried to post over on the "official?" PFPX support forum at Aerosoft Forums but could not find a way to select the PFPX support sub forum to make the post.  So, without further ado, I shall post here hoping to find a solution.

I'm planning a flight from KATL to EGLL and want to use one of the latest NAT tracks, which SIMBRIEF suggested.  I prefer final planning with PFPX because it has better fuel burn algorithms that to me are way more accurate.

When I try to add an online NAT Track, it will show up in the proper NAT track window in PFPX (bottom right menu line), but disappears after a couple of seconds. Not sure how to manually add NATS as the example I went by failed to show in the NAT track window.  Also, if I try to manually enter a route (example:  PLMMR3 BURGG Q22 BEARI DCT FAK DCT ENO DCT VCN DCT CYN DCT RIFLE DCT HTO DCT KANNI N139A PORTI/M084F350 NATW XETBO/N0485F350 DCT EVRIN DCT JETZI DCT AMFUL DCT OCTIZ P2 SIRIC SIRI1H ) when attempting to build the route, PFPX does not recognize NATW.  What am I doing wrong?

Kindest regards,

Glenn

Edited to add:  I was able to select Manual tracks and paste the tracks within the NAT tracks window.  However, when I build the above route, I still get the error message "unknown waypoint or airway NATW"  Here's a screen shot:

spacer.png

Edited by beechcaptain

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Are you using a suggested Simbrief route or planning new?

Track U enters at PORTI and not RAFIN, it exits at NETKI so does not match the route you are trying to enter with current NAT.

FMC's dont recognize NATW for example. You will have to enter every way-point from the beginning to the end of the NAT in the fmc. Remember the NAT's change daily based on the winds.

1 hour ago, JAT said:

FMC's dont recognize NATW for example. You will have to enter every way-point from the beginning to the end of the NAT in the fmc. Remember the NAT's change daily based on the winds.

The OP is reffering to PFPX but the route he is pasting from Simbrief is outdated so PFPX cannot resolve it.

• Like 1

Gents

It looks like Track W is not part of the Track Definition Message (TDM), hence PFPX will not recognize it.

With my best regards

Palle

22 minutes ago, pallehj said:

Gents

It looks like Track W is not part of the Track Definition Message (TDM), hence PFPX will not recognize it.

With my best regards

Palle

It was at the time the OP tried to copy the route into PFPX as depicted in his image:

W RAFIN 45/50 48/40 51/30 53/20 MALOT GISTI
EAST LVLS 340 350 360 370 380 390 400
WEST LVLS NIL
EUR RTS EAST NIL
NAR N59C N53D-

However the outdated Simbrief route waypoints (entry/exit) of track W did not match the current hence PFPX could not resolve it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok, I think I understand what is happening.  I will try with a current route from flightaware and the latest NAT tracks and see what happens.  Unfortunately, I'm midway through a 3.5 hour flight so it will be later today or tomorrow before I can give it a go.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Edited by beechcaptain
spelling correction

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Posted (edited)

In your specific PFPX planing example, the "Route" entry in PFPX for NAT Track W...RAFIN 45/50 48/40 51/30 53/20 MALOT GISTI would be: RAFIN NATW MALOT GISTI.  RAFIN is considered the entry waypoint for NAT W and GISTI is the exit waypoint>

Here's a another example for NAT Track V, currently active at the time I typed this.  
    V RAFIN 45/50 48/40 50/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX
    EAST LVLS 340 350 360 370 380 390 400"

The PFPX route entry for TRACK V is:  RAFIN NATV DINIM ELSOX.
Where RAFIN is the entry waypoint and ELSOX is the exit waypoint. (DINIM is considered part of NATV)

Hope this helps.

Edited by ClaudeF

Regards,

Claude Franklin