Sign in to follow this  
mcparr42

Floating Gear AIG CRJ-900 Models

I am noticing my CRJ-900 models to be floating slightly above the ground when depicted as live in PSXT, and the nose gear in particular is 2-3 meters in the air.  They appear normal with wheels on the ground when parked.  I am using the AIG models and they have all been updated in the AIG Manager.  

This appears to happen at any airport regardless of terrain/elevation or QNH.  They also appear correctly with wheels on the ground when injecting with the AIG injector.  I checked the log and am not seeing any CG or elevation errors.  The other aircraft types seem to be normal from what I am seeing.  

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this or had any suggestions?  Thanks.  

Any thoughts on how to fix this?  Tweak the CG or weight in the aircraft CFG file?  It is interesting it contacts the ground properly when using the AIG injector so I doubt they will be looking to fix anything.  PSXT is still so much better even with this slight imperfection in the aircraft model.  

Really didn’t notice this too much until I took a look around KLGA.  It is full of Delta and American CRJ-900s.   

I have noticed this as well.  I also have issues with the CRJ's divebombing the runway on final.  Nico mentioned it has nothing to do with the model and is a data issue but I find it odd it seems to only effect the CRJ's (A220 also). I have JustFlight Traffic installed in addition to AIG/FSLTL so may try removing the AIG/FSLTL CRJ's and see how the JF models do...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Flick1 - thank you for the suggestion.  I ended up picking up the Just Flight models and am using them now for the CRJ’s instead of the AIG models.  Just as you indicated, these models are performing better with proper ground contact both parked and when live.  

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mcparr42 said:

Flick1 - thank you for the suggestion.  I ended up picking up the Just Flight models and am using them now for the CRJ’s instead of the AIG models.  Just as you indicated, these models are performing better with proper ground contact both parked and when live.  

I am using AIG CRJ9's at KLGA, but no problems at all, sofar.

For instance this one

AIGAIM_Delta Connection Bombardier CRJ-900 - NextGen opb Endeavor Air

EDIT: now I see it too that the nosewheel is floating. This must be an model issue.//

Edited by kiek

15 hours ago, mcparr42 said:

Yeah, I ended up removing the AIG/FSLTL and the FS models are working much better.  I still need to see/test if it helped the 'divebombings' on final approach...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

11 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I still need to see/test if it helped the 'divebombings' on final approach...

No that is not a model issue, but is caused by bad RT data