Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

C-130 for Terry (Lord Farringdon)

Hi Terry, here's some pix of the interior for you.

Had to use the drone camera to get in there, but I will experiment with camera settings next time. Looks ok to me, but you'd know how realistic it is, I guess.

Couldn't find any way to open any of the doors/hatches etc apart from the EFB. There is a "ramp open" button in the cockpit (second picture) but it's not clickable. None of the handles on the ramp or parachute doors seem functional either. So pretty much a "look - don't touch" kind of thing. Again, that's fine with me, but you may feel different. No options for any cargo or paratroopers as far as I can see either.

Anyway, some pix for you

fBU7hZy.jpg

ramp button in middle on right
ES9nIHT.jpg

c0DZ6LR.jpg

JzOdVLl.jpg

xFV9bFA.jpg

60rgQ8b.jpg

yRRMne1.jpg

CCu3Jeq.jpg

ab7Kv0Z.jpg

5OuUSXb.jpg

HeBmizU.jpg

MMFQabG.jpg

yRgC08S.jpg

3VLQ8O7.jpg

6WPYEvg.jpg

KrRzfWC.jpg

rTxd0WD.jpg

rUl9oLS.jpg

PSdtPmL.jpg

7NibDCd.jpg

(Location is AYTI, Tapini)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Great shots Andy, thanks for showing, does the Cockpit work relative funktional ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Great shots Andy, thanks for showing, does the Cockpit work relative funktional ?

cheers 😉

Cheers PMP. Does the cockpit work? Not sure at what level you mean that. I know people probably think I'm just being funny about this, but I really don't use (or know or care about) most of the pilot related aspects of any of this. I wouldn't have the slightest idea about doing a cold start on most aircraft, or even the general principles, for instance. So I genuinely don't go near most of the buttons or switches in any cockpit. Ctrl-e to start up, watch the dials move round far enough and off I go. I might play with the AP a bit if I'm in a tube, or fiddle with any buttons I've found I absolutely have to to stay in the air (seem to remember having to click a radio button in the Spitfire to turn off engine damage, for example), but other than that - not interested.

So all I can say about this cockpit is that all the little dials move, I assume accurately, and lots of the buttons/switches seem to function (as in moving the mouse over them brings up a prompt), but lots of them are inactive. Probably about 50/50 I'd guess.

Not being cute here, just really not interested in the cockpit stuff. As long as I can fly around I'm happy. It's like driving a car for me, I've never understood the attachment some folks have for manual gearboxes. Makes sense for a racer/rally environment, but normal road driving? Just need a go and a stop pedal, and a key to start the car. Anything else is gravy or superfluous, depending on your point of view.

Or whisky! I can (and do, frequently) appreciate it and the subtleties of the different flavours, but I don't need to know how to distill it myself <grin>

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Nice leisurely inspection. (And I was wondering where you had that thing parked. 🙂 But then you told us!)

Great shots! I will eventually buy this plane I flew on it in the Marines from Okinawa to Korea and then from Okinawa to Mainland Japan.