Sign in to follow this  
Cavemanhead

How do I Accomplish a Clean Install?

After a Win 10 update there's been a bit switch somewhere that is preventing MS from updating...  Its not that it gets hung on the MS update screen, it just flashes it on the screen and then bypasses it so I never get past V1.36.20.  Sim works fine but is a down-rev which makes Multiplayer impossible.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with same exact issue.  Something is hung in there.  I'm now willing to start from scratch but not even sure how to wipe out everything as FS2020 seems like it IS a virus at this point.  Store, X box, X box bar, etc...  It's a pretzel maze of stupid install programming.

Does anyone know of a way to eradicate FS2020 completely and start over in the hopes I can get past v1.36.20?  Running Deluxe Premium 40th Anniversary Edition.

Grrr...

Makes me think this is one piece of software that I'm considering Steam for when 2024 comes out.  MS can't even make something that works right when purchased from their own store.  It's a nightmare of nonsense.

Hi,

I get this too.

The current version of MSFS is V1.36.20, so it's OK.

I found that MSFS still does small updates such as one that occurred last week.

Best regards,

Peter

Hmmm...  Not sure it is ok.  I fly with my son and he's on a later version with everyone else and we can't see each other on multiplayer.  Of course, maybe that issue is something else and we assumed it was a version problem incorrectly but why would some people be on a different version?

He uses the standard version and I use the Premium Deluxe so maybe that explains the version difference.  But...  Why the problem of us not being able to see each other in MultiPlayer?

Is your son maybe on the opt-in beta channel?

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I fly with my son and he's on a later version with everyone else

What RaptyrOne said. Make sure neither of you are on the beta version.  It sounds like your son is on the beta version (Sim Update 15), and you are on the normal version (Sim Update 14).

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)

Format

Seriously though, you aint on an old version, the update flashing briefly thing is just a thing.

Either as others stated your son maybe on a beta (though tbh Im unsure that this affects multiplayer compatibility), or one/both of you  have incorrect/not matching multiplayer settings

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Either as others stated your son maybe on a beta (though tbh Im unsure that this affects multiplayer compatibility),

Beta players (SU 15)  are not on the same server as the normal players (SU 14). There is no multiplayer between SU 15 users and SU 14 users. SU 15 users can have multiplayer with other SU 15 users.  SU 14 users can also have muttiplayer with other SU 14 users. But SU 15 users cannot be on multiplayer with SU 14 users because they are on entirely different servers,

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

21 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Beta players (SU 15)  are not on the same server as the normal players (SU 14). There is no multiplayer between SU 15 users and SU 14 users. SU 15 users can have multiplayer with other SU 15 users.  SU 14 users can also have muttiplayer with other SU 14 users. But SU 15 users cannot be on multiplayer with SU 14 users because they are on entirely different servers,

I think thats actually an "it depends" thing...I've played alongside SU15 beta players in the past but that functionality may now be broken on the latest iteration of the Beta, I'll try again this week sometime

Posted (edited)

I'm about to do a clean install as for the life of me I can't figure out why it's suddenly not possible to record audio from MSFS when recording a video with OBS or Nvidia... It drives me insane - doesn't happen with any other game or app!! It was fine yesterday, then not fine after I restarted the sim...

Pro tip: before uninstalling, move the Official folder to another location (copy takes forever). Then before re-installing, move it back to the MSFS folder location. That will save a HUGE amount of time. I've got everything installed i.e. that's a whooping 343GB to re-download.

Note: fast move only works on the same drive!

EDIT: The "core" files are only 2-3GB or so. 

Correction: Initially a 2.1GB download from Microsoft Store, then 4.54GB once MSFS runs for the first time i.e. total 6.64GB. It's important to select a custom installation when MSFS loads, where the backup of Official is placed. E.g. I'm using C:\MSFS where Official and Community should be placed. 

Note that the core game files will be installed to C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Also, I highly recommend using a VPN. That can increase download speeds from a feeble 2-3MBps to over 200...

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”