Sign in to follow this  
tup61

AIG for Europe question

Posted (edited)

My method is to import the full FPDatabase.xml into either MS Excel or MS Access

File Location
..\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\Traffic Files\AIGFP\FPDatabase.xml

This gives a handy list you can filter by type and or country of origin

You can also sort the flight plans by type in AI Manager Online Tab for the ones you have yet to install.

TIP: It is much much quicker to delete flightplans than to re-download them (especially if one of the servers goes offline for a while)

My uncompressed AIG full folder - 60GB - Compressed 7zip file 4GB

My Active folder is 45GB

Edited by TonyD
  • Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Any idea how I can easily find (and DESTROY) those...?

There’s a search bar on the installed flight plan list 

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There’s a search bar on the installed flight plan list 

I know but I meant to ask if you can easily see/find which ones are US Corporate, Military and Government.

Posted (edited)

You can’t search by country, you’ll just have to use keywords

I think there is a column that says if something is GA or corporate. 

Not at my PC right now so I can’t check

Edited by Tuskin38

22 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Also regarding load times. Assuming that you are installing traffic on to the reasonably modern SSD and PC, the difference is still going to be fairly minimal. I have about 90% of the airlines installed from AIG and the initial load time of the sim is maybe 40-50 seconds longer than with all of my AI aircraft removed. Considering what it brings to the sim, 45 seconds is nothing. 

I have to agree... Doing my second flight with AIG at 100% and well... I hardly notice longer loading times, specially because I usually do my planning (LNM > SB) during that time. Perhaps I'll keep it all LOL for whenever I'd like to fly somewhere else...!

17 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I have to agree... Doing my second flight with AIG at 100% and well... I hardly notice longer loading times, specially because I usually do my planning (LNM > SB) during that time. Perhaps I'll keep it all LOL for whenever I'd like to fly somewhere else...!

That’s what I did, but I guess hard drive space might be a limitation. I also made a backup copy of the AIG folder.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

44 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I also made a backup copy of the AIG folder.

Me too. I made a 7z zip of all AIG downloads, which was about 61.5 Gb in total, and 7z crushed it down to 3 Gb...! Sweet! (Incredible!)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Me too. I made a 7z zip of all AIG downloads, which was about 61.5 Gb in total, and 7z crushed it down to 3 Gb...! Sweet! (Incredible!)

Great idea, why didn't I think of that? I just copied the whole folder so now it takes up 105GB on my system 🤪

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I mean, I would just install all of it and everything. AIG is excellent. I keep it at 20-40% and its plenty of traffic to make the airports busy enough without destroying FPS ( I also use GA offline traffic mods as well so I need to tone it down).

If you install of it, you will see more even when you turn down the percentage of AIG.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Great idea, why didn't I think of that? I just copied the whole folder so now it takes up 105GB on my system 🤪

😂