Sign in to follow this  
AKAStein

Airline Callsign vs GA Callsign

Hi

Not sure if this is my issue or not but can't seem to find an answer anywhere ( at least through my searches)

In config under Aircraft Call Sign I've got my Call Sign Type selected as Airline. Call sign is RYANAIR (Airline Lookup code is RYR which auto filled this ) , for flight / tail number I've typed in F-WWDC.

When I request anything with this callsign ATC ignores me (I start with "RYANAIR WHISKEY DELTA CHARLIE"). If I say "radio check" it replies as " RyanAir eff double-u double-u dee see"  I was expecting "RyanAir Whiskey Delta Charlie" or am I wrong? Also in the text readback box the F-WWDC has spaces in between , nothing else has that, I've tried without the - aswell.

If I change the call sign type to GA no issues and ATC responds with "RyanAir Whiskey Delta Charlie" , only just started with Airlines but no matter what flight / tail number I try it is always not read back phonetically. 

Thanks

Steve

I think for commercial flights you're to enter your flight number, like 345 so that ATC refers to you as Ryanair 345.