Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Flying over western Europe do you find recurrent spikes...

1 hour ago, hvw said:

Uninstall at least WU4 and WU6 (or all WU's) and the problem is gone

Well that would be a real bummer...

• Like 2

Roi Ben

Just now, roi1862 said:

Well that would be a real bummer...

For many it will be one, I guess, I don't mind as I have no need for the WU's,

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I just added Germany Switzer Austria so will see if that restarts the issue...

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Noel said:

I just added Germany Switzer Austria so will see if that restarts the issue...

Will be interesting to see your findings

Roi Ben

From WU, I only have the Caribbean installed; after upgrading my computer, I reinstalled the system and simulator, but Western Europe is closed to me. I lowered Tjmax, but I still feel sorry for my 7800x3d

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Will be interesting to see your findings

All was well except for about a 50nm leg just south of the southern border of Belgium w/o much development, so in rural northern France.  This route was LPPT to EHAM.  Main thread never went to 100 but had several spikes in load, and transient temps into the low 80s C and they weren't every 10 seconds or so intervals they were more random.  Then totally fine over all of that development and on into EHAM.  So really 95% of that entire route was good.  I am reinstalling the Central Europe WU for a flight out of Prague to EHAM.  I wonder if the idea that reinstalling these has cured the issue for some is not being confused with having essentially route-specific issues to where flying over one area of WU is fine until you deviate in your route to a different area then the problem manifests.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Noel said:

All was well except for about a 50nm leg just south of the southern border of Belgium w/o much development, so in rural northern France.  Main thread never went to 100 but had several spikes in load, and transient temps into the low 80s C.  Then totally fine over all of that development and on into EHAM.  So really 95% of that entire route was good.  I am reinstalling the Central Europe WU for a flight out of Prague to EHAM.  I wonder if the idea that reinstalling these has cured the issue for some is not being confused with having essentially route-specific issues to where flying over one area of WU is fine until you deviate in your route to a different area then the problem manifests.

That very interesting ! I found that the area of Bulgaria/Greece does not suffer from this issue. I did LBSF to LGRP and never had CPU spikes to 100% not even to 70%. And thats with most European WU installed. 

It seems the issue is from central Europe and going west. 

Roi Ben

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

I am reinstalling the Central Europe WU........

I still am hesitant to reinstall the WU's I deleted. I wonder how it can be possible that uninstalling 2 or more WU's solves the reported issue and why reinstalling the same WU's will not start the issue all over again? They are the same WU's, aren't they?

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

19 minutes ago, hvw said:

I still am hesitant to reinstall the WU's I deleted. I wonder how it can be possible that uninstalling 2 or more WU's solves the reported issue and why reinstalling the same WU's will not start the issue all over again? They are the same WU's, aren't they?

I agree with you and as mentioned wonder if it's really more route-specific.  

Noel

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

Usually the route going south-west from LKPR (general direction to EDDM) is constant CPU spiking. That's with both Central EU and Germany/Austria WU installed. Didn't tried without.  

Roi Ben

11 minutes ago, Noel said:

So far the routes didn't matter I feel, as no matter which route (generated by Simbrief) I used, I always used to run into the anomaly and all in Central and West Europe, not depending on which angle I entered this area. It was spikes and high temps galore.(And irritation and frustration from my part 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

1 minute ago, hvw said:

So far the routes didn't matter I feel, as no matter which route (generated by Simbrief) I used, I always used to run into the anomaly and all in Central and West Europe, not depending on which angle I entered this area. It was spikes and high temps galore.(And irritation and frustration from my part 🙂

Well if that's true I too will disable these WU's as we don't need that!  So far though a couple of flights have been okay.  I will know shortly if LKPR > EHAM is full of these too as I just reinstalled Central Europe WU.  Ixoye says it's terrain spikes that cause this so I wonder if mountainous areas are worse in this regard.  

• Like 1

Noel

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

Ixoye says it's terrain spikes that cause this so I wonder if mountainous areas are worse in this regard.

Those made no difference to me. Mountains, rivers, towns, whatever, the spikes and high temperatures were there. Most of the time as soon as I entered the West and Central Europe WU's space. Curios to hear what your experiences are with your current flight

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Posted (edited)

Most of the way now so lots of Germany and am getting random recurrent increases up to 100% on the main thread but so far the highest temp was 82C and very transient, mostly around 68-72C. Also, crossed into Holland and less and less of these and now for the past 70nm or so none at all.  But perhaps with so much ocean there is a lot less to process, whereas over much of Germany there is so much detail to process.  If this is the case it might be useful to use DynamicLOD and dial back TLOD at altitude, like down to 50 or less, whereas usually people go up with TLOD the higher AGL they are.

Edited by Noel

Noel

21 minutes ago, Noel said:

but so far the highest temp was 82C and very transient, mostly around 68-72C.

So it looks as if we achieved some positive result. Also this may lead to the conclusion that the Central Europe WU is causing our misery. The temperatures you mention are in line with the one I get in Central Europe.

I did use MSFS2020_AutoFPS but I also tried with a sloid TLOD and OLOD of 100 in my FS options. Not much difference in temperature readings though.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe