Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Flying over western Europe do you find recurrent spikes...

I had the same problem on my old I7-9700f and RTX2070, now 7800x3d and RTX4070s, win11, the simulator is clean and I still can't fly over Western Europe. Last week I flew from EDDL to LEPA, upon departure the processor temperature was 60, when approaching the Alps the temperature jumped to 88 and I had to end the flight

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

MSFS is full of those buggy spikes in the terrain, and the AMD 7800 X3D immediately reacts to them, I don't care anymore and use headphones so I don't hear the fans ramping up, if you have Dev mode open you will see the big red spikes and that the cpu react to them at the same time, you can set TJMax lower so the CPU don't ramp up so high in temp before it clocks down. I have mine set at 85C.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I can honestly say that I have never experienced this. About 99% of my flights are to or from LHR with BAVirtual and a large portion of those will pass the area mentioned.
Sorry, not much help I know, but at least another data point.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

11 hours ago, Noel said:

I deleted 4 WUs and sure enough no problem now on this flight EHAM > LEBL and I'm about to start descent so that's great.  I will reinstall one and retest.

I deleted WU4, WU6 and all European CU's and I had a great, flawless flight from EDDK to LEMG via Belgium, France and Spain. I wonder if I shall re-install the WU's as was advised in one of the previous messages in this thread.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Posted (edited)

Double post

Edited by hvw
Redundant post

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 hours ago, hvw said:

I deleted WU4, WU6 and all European CU's and I had a great, flawless flight from EDDK to LEMG via Belgium, France and Spain. I wonder if I shall re-install the WU's as was advised in one of the previous messages in this thread.

Those were the ones I deleted, and reinstalled France Belgium Netherlands WU (if I recall the group) and had a fine flight from EHAM to EGCC w/o these CPU loading issues.  I will try the UK next and see...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, Ixoye said:

MSFS is full of those buggy spikes in the terrain, and the AMD 7800 X3D immediately reacts to them, I don't care anymore and use headphones so I don't hear the fans ramping up, if you have Dev mode open you will see the big red spikes and that the cpu react to them at the same time, you can set TJMax lower so the CPU don't ramp up so high in temp before it clocks down. I have mine set at 85C.

So you believe the CPU spikes in load relate to terrain spikes?  Interesting I never notice terrain spikes, but I do like the idea of limiting TJMax as clearly these are complete aberrations in CPU in MSFS so no need to feed them more juice!  I'll poke around in the BIOS and look for where to limit that....

Cheers

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

55 minutes ago, Noel said:

Those were the ones I deleted, and reinstalled France Belgium Netherlands WU (if I recall the group) and had a fine flight from EHAM to EGCC w/o these CPU loading issues.  I will try the UK next and see.

Great to hear that reinstalling the mentioned WU-pack didn't cause any problems. Probably I will try and reinstall the WU-pack for Germany tomorrow and hope to find that this will go without any issues, too. (No spikes I mean, not reinstalling of course 🙂 )

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

32 minutes ago, hvw said:

Great to hear that reinstalling the mentioned WU-pack didn't cause any problems. Probably I will try and reinstall the WU-pack for Germany tomorrow and hope to find that this will go without any issues, too. (No spikes I mean, not reinstalling of course 🙂 )

After looking at the contents of all WU's and taking into consideration that I uniquely fly Fenix A320s, I came to the conclusion that I don't need the WU's at all. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

1 hour ago, hvw said:

After looking at the contents of all WU's and taking into consideration that I uniquely fly Fenix A320s, I came to the conclusion that I don't need the WU's at all. 

I've never known what they really contain.  Is it mainly photogrammetry work do you know?  Could be you're very right on that and I too fly airliners so might not need them.  It was around 42Gb that I uninstalled, so reinstalled the one at about 12Gb.

Noel

10 minutes ago, Noel said:

I've never known what they really contain.  Is it mainly photogrammetry work do you know?  Could be you're very right on that and I too fly airliners so might not need them.  It was around 42Gb that I uninstalled, so reinstalled the one at about 12Gb.

They contain mainly bush trips, point of views, challenges etc. Also a few airports are included, not main ones though. You can look at the content of the WU's when you click on the three bars right of the title.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

39 minutes ago, hvw said:

Also a few airports are included, not main ones though

The WUs contain a few notable handcrafted ones, such as LFMN, EHRD and EDDS. The latter was conspicuous by its absence from the original release, even as a vanilla default airport!

54 minutes ago, Noel said:

Could be you're very right on that and I too fly airliners so might not need them.

What's keeping them installed on my PC is the higher mesh resolution, especially for WU6 as it covers Austria and Switzerland (as well as Germany).

The landmarks/POIs in these packages are also worth me keeping them installed so that I can spot them when on an approach to a city. Everything else in a WU (landing challenges, bush trips, discovery flights, etc.) is left uninstalled.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Yes. Europe suffer badly from this phenomena. With photogrammetry or without its same. CPU spikes to 100% every 10 sec or so. 

I do believe something in the mesh is causing this.  

And yes it is reported in the MSFS but i doubt this will evert get fix. We can just hope it wont carry on to FS24

Roi Ben

12 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Yes. Europe suffer badly from this phenomena. With photogrammetry or without its same. CPU spikes to 100% every 10 sec or so. 

I do believe something in the mesh is causing this.  

And yes it is reported in the MSFS but i doubt this will evert get fix. We can just hope it wont carry on to FS24

Uninstall at least WU4 and WU6 (or all WU's) and the problem is gone

• Like 2

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Noel said:

So you believe the CPU spikes in load relate to terrain spikes?  Interesting I never notice terrain spikes, but I do like the idea of limiting TJMax as clearly these are complete aberrations in CPU in MSFS so no need to feed them more juice!  I'll poke around in the BIOS and look for where to limit that....

Cheers

Yes, fly with Dev mode open and you will see for yourself, with every big red spike the cpu goes bananas, my previous Intel CPU was not as sensitive to these spikes as the AMD X3D, and I have no hope this will ever be fixed, so you have to learn to live with it, lower TJMax and headphones help 😉

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |