Sign in to follow this  
alr5100

Stutters Ruining Enjoyment

7 hours ago, tfm said:

Noooo please not another of those long-winded videos replete with ads and cheerful banter! Nearly 10 minutes in this video for what presumably is a checklist of steps that would take 20 seconds to read.

Could you just write a list of the steps needed?

From the video comments:

Step 1: 2:41 clean up the cache in MSFS. Options>General Options>Data[scroll down]>Rolling Cache>Delete>Apply & Save.

Step 2: 3:11 exit MSFS>Launch Nvidia Control>Manage 3D settings>[scroll down]Shader Cache size> Disable>Exit & Save Settings.

Step 3: 3:45 open Appdata>Local>Nvidia>Keep Folders but Delete ALL files [or sub folders] within DX Cache and GL Cache folders.

Step 4: 4:31 type in Disk Cleanup App>Open Disk Cleanup>Delete ALL in DirectX Shader Cache

Step 5: 5:04 Restart PC

Step 6: Open back Nvidia>Manage 3D settings>set Shader Cache Size to Default.

• Upvote 3

Bert

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

From the video comments:

Step 1: 2:41 clean up the cache in MSFS. Options>General Options>Data[scroll down]>Rolling Cache>Delete>Apply & Save.

Step 2: 3:11 exit MSFS>Launch Nvidia Control>Manage 3D settings>[scroll down]Shader Cache size> Disable>Exit & Save Settings.

Step 3: 3:45 open Appdata>Local>Nvidia>Keep Folders but Delete ALL files [or sub folders] within DX Cache and GL Cache folders.

Step 4: 4:31 type in Disk Cleanup App>Open Disk Cleanup>Delete ALL in DirectX Shader Cache

Step 5: 5:04 Restart PC

Thank you so much! 🙏 

So if I understand correctly, if we are using FG, we should NOT be capping FPS with RTSS. ONLY via the NVIDIA CP? 

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

11 hours ago, Sethos said:

...But alas, it won't end here. You will, again, refute the claim, not do any relevant tests, post the same completely useless CapFrameX graph for the umpteenth time showing you haven't understood a thing and Noel's CapFrameX circus will continue. Have a fine day Noel and I genuinely feel sorry for all the future unsuspecting individuals who will have to face yet another CapFrameX gospel session from a guy who clearly has no interest in furthering his knowledge on the subject.

RTSS's edge sync method was recommended to people without DLSS FG capabilities for its superior frame pacing which becomes relevant when you don't have the horsepower to run higher rates.  Back when you did your original attack you stated this was old hat, consoles have done this at 30 FPS (duh, because superior FTV does matter when frame rates are relatively low). My only challenge to you that you ignored was simply to TRY IT, before aggressively discounting it ad hoc to others which is what you were doing, and that dialogue had NOTHING to do with DLSS FG at the time you went on your original attack trying to discourage others from simply trying RTSS edge sync to see for themselves.  I continue to encourage people to try it who don't have RTX40xx capabilities.  I DID NOT try to get the OP to do this here, though once again several here that do use the method, like McDaniel above, aren't bothered by PC latency associated with RTSS edge sync and FG.  Why do you suppose that is?  Are they lying or pretending too?  I may be a piece of work, but you're just flat out rude and vindictive.

On 10/9/2023 at 7:50 AM, Noel said:

"I must thank @Noel specifically for the advice in this thread - since MSFS was released, the advice in that thread has given me the smoothest experience so far, with higher settings to boot!"   @MrBitsFlyer

11 hours ago, McDaniel said:

I personally use the same approach as Noel, for me personally, smoothness is the holy grail, and in msfs2020 I don't feel or see a draw back. Msfs2020 has never been so smooth and performent like these days.

Why GFE overlay shows Render Latency instead of PC Latency here, I have no idea--I chose Latency in its filters, and that's what appears.  The latency issue doesn't come into play anyway that is why others who actually tried and continue to use RTSS edge sync did not complain nor comment about latency, and the last few to try this were using DLSS FG, dunno about MrBits and McD.  I'm late to the DLSS FG party but have used it enough to state emphatically latency is a non-issue from a perception POV and I'm sure that is why others continue to use it.  In fact I'd give you 10:1 odds in a double-blinded test, in MSFS only, if you could discern the 48ms difference in latency associated w/ FG when edge sync is employed.  The mouse thru molasses is beyond silly, as if initiating a mouse move in which the pointer moves 48/1000's of one second later can translate to 'sluggish' in any honest person's mind.  I think you're lying now or pretending.  If you hadn't read about it or measured it yourself you'd not have been deterred by latency, just like myself and the others who do use RTSS edge sync.

So yes it's not going to end here and is why I am passionate about this for those w/o FG capabilities especially.  As stated in my original post linked in MrBitsFlyer's comment above once you can crank out 60+ frames ultra low FTV becomes less important in the perception of smooth animation.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

48 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

So if I understand correctly, if we are using FG, we should NOT be capping FPS with RTSS. ONLY via the NVIDIA CP? 

Have you been using RTSS edge sync?  If so, were you plagued by input latency?  This is the known issue with RTSS with regard to DLSS FG.  In case you're not familiar input latency refers to the time interval between when an input is initiated by you, and when the associated action commences.  For example, do you notice a delay when you move the mouse, a controller, or hit a key, when using FG w/ RTSS edge sync employed?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

18 hours ago, Noel said:

Have you been using RTSS edge sync?  If so, were you plagued by input latency?  This is the known issue with RTSS with regard to DLSS FG.  In case you're not familiar input latency refers to the time interval between when an input is initiated by you, and when the associated action commences.  For example, do you notice a delay when you move the mouse, a controller, or hit a key, when using FG w/ RTSS edge sync employed?

Should it be BACK edge sync or FRONT edge sync?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

16 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Should it be BACK edge sync or FRONT edge sync?

It doesn't matter iFly, either one does the same thing. 

• Like 1

Noel

21 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would leave the Shader Cache disabled. It's a relict of old old times where CPU, Ram and HDDs where really slow. But with todays hardware you will not

(I didn't) notice a difference in loading MSFS, perhaps a few ms delay.

And you get rid off the problem with outdated shaders.

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build