Sign in to follow this  
berkkp

Unable to arm NAV mode with PMS GTN750

Hello there,

with the PMS GTN750 variant, I am unable to arm the lateral NAV mode. I have a valid flight plan, but the mode will not arm. With the GNS530 this works just fine. Version is 1.3.0. Any help for that?

best regards

Hi 

I just load MSFS flight plans into the GTN, typically in the Caravan or King Air (Black Square) - but it should work in any default plane that is compatible.

As long as you have the GTN750 correctly installed and the plane has an autopilot, you should see your flight plan as a purple line in GTN window. You should also see the flight plan listed in the flight plan window.

Assuming that all looks good, you will need to select the NAV button on your Autopilot. The plane should then engage LNAV and follow the flight plan once you switch to Autopilot.

Sorry if this sounds a bit simplistic. You don't say exactly what you already did and what your symptoms are i.e. how come LNAV will not arm? Has it worked before, do you have a paid licence? (i.e. not the free version - although that shouldn't make a difference LNAV should still work).

Did it work before? Has this just happened? Or has it never worked? 

I'm not quite sure whether your problem is the plane you're flying, the GTN, or something else, so this is just general advice. For anything else ask PMS, they should be able to assist.

Hope this helps.  

The problem is solely in the LJ35. I have the free PMS GTN750, and I had a pre loaded valid flight plan. I followed exactly your described steps, with the difference being that with the GNS530 LNAV will arm, but with the GTN750 it won't.

You don't give much information on how you proceed. Did you select"GPS" on the "MAP" screen of the GTN by pressing the "CDI" button?

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

1 hour ago, berkkp said:

The problem is solely in the LJ35. I have the free PMS GTN750, and I had a pre loaded valid flight plan. I followed exactly your described steps, with the difference being that with the GNS530 LNAV will arm, but with the GTN750 it won't.

There are a huge number of users of the PMS50 GTN with the Lear35 and despite the Flysimware discord being very active, I am not seeing reports similar to yours. So my initial thinking is the problem is local to your setup for some reason. So to start, please make sure your have the latest version of the PMS50 GTN (2.2.30) and that you are not using a third party addon livery.

It would also be helpful if you could describe your problem in more detail. Are you saying you can't get the GTN750 to follow a flight plan even though the autopilot is on, the plane is starting on course, and the GTN is in GPS mode?

Al

Posted (edited)

I  am having the same problem. Switching between GPS-NAV slector does not work. I mean CDI source. It is fixed in GPS mode. Learjet version 1.3.2, free PMS50 GTN. 

On any other aircraft, I am able to change GPS or NAV mode. 

Is there a fix?

Edited by bobby456gt

I already fix it. Download the PMS50 again. It is a newer version and now woks great.