Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronht

90 degree 45kt landing @ Keflavik

I got this idea from another post earlier. This is a YouTube video with 3 different views of a PMDG 747-400X landing in a 45kt direct crosswind in Keflavik. You can view the video here-

enjoyron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Nice - but isn't that why Rwy 29 exists at BIKF?I thought it was an interesting scenario. I realize Kef has another runway but there is always the possibility that it could be shut down for a variety of reasons and this would be the only option you'd have.regards,ron

Nice, I'll tell you what, I have seen VICIOUS winds at Keflavik. North Atlantic in winter = wind.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

>>What about your alternate ?Why go to an alternate when you have a good runway and the aircraft can handle the wind? :-)Actually you are correct if this was real life one would go to the alternate. The max demonstrated crosswind component for the 747-400 is 25kts. I just enjoy testing the reality limits of FSX. For all the complaints about FSX on these forums it is absolutly amazing to me what this software can produce for the price and I think more folks need to enjoy it for what it does rather than spend all of their time complaining about what it doesn't do. The PMDG and Level-D aircraft provide a great deal of realism in the transport category aircraft available to FSX and I've just been trying to show a little of it off. regards