Sign in to follow this  
scoob

Wilco CRJ for FSX

Has been released...http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_CRJ_fleetAnyone take the plunge yet? Thoughts? I'm pretty happy with Airbus Vol 1 (despite the bad press it has gotten in some places), so if this is similar in terms of features, realism etc, I think I'll be happy with it.Thanks,

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

the FT CRJ for FSX has some system modeling changes from the FS8/FS9 model.the feelthere CRJ is a wilco fleet aircraft = there is not a 3rd page of the failure mode when one engine is stuck at 2/3 thrust when it the 10th day of an even numbered month model of systems and FMC.you get a FMC that will get you from takeoff to landing, including SID/STAR; more true to live autopilot (not the false modeling of the FSX CRJ); FADEC; and much more.so ... like that Abus series, but not the 737-classic simulation.look at the old support forums. what is described there as function and system modeling will give you some idea of what you will see in FSX -http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4--edit: clarification--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest PowderBlue

Well it would be nice if you could buy it. The pay system or something is down.

I probably missed it but on the main page for the CRJ there are several download options. One states "Regional Jet Vol 1." The other says "CRJ New Generation Update." What is the difference?My assumption (I know a dangerous thing) is that the Vol 1 download is for new customers and the New Generation Update is for customers that had the FS9 product and want to purchase the FSX version with a discount. Is this correct?fb

back in the dark ages the product was released as the CRJ-200 series. it was updated (part of going from FS8 to FS9) and the expansion of the -700 & -900 series were added. the 700/900 are the 'New Generation'the support page lists some more details -[blockquote]http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support_CRJ[br]FSX Version policy :If you own a CRJ Experience version : no FSX update available. FS9 installer only. If you own a CRJ Experience plus CRJ New Generation upgrade : The FSX version (Windows Vista compatible) is automatically added to your download account. If it is not displayed, contact us so we can reset your download counter. If you own a CRJ2004 (Full) version : The FSX version (Windows Vista compatible) is automatically added to your download account[/blockquote]there are also details on the support page for those with the CD version to migrate over to FSX.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

OK, on the download page (did not find anything about an account but I did sign in with correct logon) there is a link for "CRJFS92FSX_Upg_1a." However, the instructions call for a CD. I don't have a CD. I downloaded my CRJ200/700/900 from Wilco.BTW - is this an FSX version or is this an FS9 aircraft converted to FSX?Also, I clicked the link and received a page not found error message.fbAdditional - On my download page there is no mention of an FSX version - only the original New Generation.

Guest PowderBlue

If I'm correct you download the fs2004 version and install it in the FSX directory and then on the extras page there is a free FSX download.

Guest PowderBlue

When did you buy it cause I still can't get on the ongone or paypal site from the checkout page.

Sweet. That was one of my favorite planes for FS9.Thanks for the info,Pat

I'm confused. I already purchased the FS9 CRJ and upgrade. It appears the only way to download the FS9 product is to pay for it again. It appears this whole process is convulted.fb

fb:as wilco states, "If you own a CRJ Experience plus CRJ New Generation upgrade {for FS9} : The FSX version (Windows Vista compatible) is automatically added to your download account. If it is not displayed, contact us so we can reset your download counter."you need to check your wilco download space.--edit: detail added--

OK I'm officially confused. I went to the Wilco site and clicked "download now" below Regional Jet Vol.1 - CRJ (Full Version). My shopping basket showed CRJ 2004 for EURO 24,95. I purchased it. Now looking at my receipt, I was only charged EURO 20.62, and the file in my download account is crj2004_10.exe. There is no mention of an FSX version (listed as CRJ_FSX_1a.exe on the support page) and the file name is not even the latest FS2004 version (CRJ_FS2004_2a.exe). What's going on here? I have no previous CRJ version, when I clicked "Download Now" below the Full Version I expceted that I was getting the FSX version?I'm going to e-mail the same to Wilco, but I'm hoping someone can shed some lights on this as I'd like to get up and running ASAP...Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Looks like another confusing Wilco release. I own the 2004 version and my download page shows 2 versions of the crj2004_10.exe file you mentioned, no separate 2004 and FSX version with the version numbers on the support page.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant