Sign in to follow this  
wardp

Bouncing Tripple 7

HiDoes anyone know what causes an aircraft standing on the tarmac to bounce? I have the Wilco 777 which bounces a couple of feet in the air every few seconds while standing at the terminal. Also when I brake during taxi the nose wheel sinks into the runway a bit. I am using FSX with default airport scenery (KORD) when this happens.Can anyone tell me what settings to adjust to prevent the anomolies?ThanksPhil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The {contact.points} section in the 777's aircraft.cfg file controls the bounce behavior.It will probably involve a lot of trial and error to find values that work. If I were you, I would start my searching of the forums there.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

I see random bouncing stationary AI aircraft and vehicles at gates all the time. Generally they do it in unison, so I wouldn't figure it to be a setting in an aircraft .cfg file. As far as anomolies, I find FSX to be full of them, even after SP1 and SP2.Now flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FS2004 (with UT-USA, ASV6 & FSGen), or FSX, Vista Home Premium

One thing you can try quickly is altering your terrain mesh resolution. I have the best results from either 1m or 10m resolutions, try both, or another to see if that helps.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Thanks for all your replies. I've fixed the problem, after tinkering about making minor adjustments to the contact point settings I bit the bullet and made some more serious changes which eventually cured the bounce problem and the nose gear sinking into the runway.ThanksPhil