Sign in to follow this  
Joe W

Menu character corruption?

I recently purchased a new 22" wide-screen monitor, and have it set to recommended 16x9 resolution, however I noticed that having removed the menu using [Alt] when, after sometime I recall the menu, the caracters are all corrupt or missing - similarly the [shift][Z] display of frame rate etc. is also corrupted.Has anyone else experienced similar and if so how did they resolve it?Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest Nils79

Hi Stuart,do you use the native resolution of your display?My 22" widescreen TFT uses 1680x1050 (16:10), what should be the same for your TFT. And in the FSX.cfg, i use "WideViewAspect=True" (DISPLAY section). Perhaps this helps.

Thanks Nils. I think I have set the recommended resolution per the monitors manual.I'll check the FSX.cfg setting too. I have also ordered a DVI lead, so perhaps that may help too.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

What helped with my problem was to NOT use AA in the program but to set it in the drivers area. Make sure you don't have both set.Joe W.

>What helped with my problem was to NOT use AA in the program>but to set it in the drivers area. Make sure you don't have>both set.>Joe W. I have a 28" wide screen LCD and I have the AA enabled within FSX and I have it set via nHancer to enhance, supersampling on at 8xS. It creates no issues and for me (running under DX9 on Vista cause DX10 Preview performs like junk) I get the best image quality when AA is enabled within FSX and set as described above via nHancer.Just a note you must make those settings globally within nHancer. Setting them in the FSX profile, for some reason, does not work alone. I made the settings globally and within my FSX profile just to be sure.

I too am having this problem: the menu is blurred from minor to unreadable at times -- and the ATC window is faded and completely blurred and unusable.I have a radeon X1650 card and am running Vista Business 32 bit -- but this problem only seems to have begun since I recently upgraded the ATI graphics drivers. If I can find my earlier version I may have to revert to that.Ron

Running in windowed mode helps too. Just double click on the window bar at the top and it will refresh and you will have it back. Also clicking on the box and double box in the top right has the same effect returning it back to normal.If you have a key assigned to "refresh scenery" in the key assignments then pressing that will refresh the screen. I have Ctrl+r as the key to refresh the scenery.The guys that are posting here that don't have this problem? why are you posting if you don't have a problem?Joe W.