Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Jack Sparrow

Carribean

G'Day, Mateys. Anyone here know where I can find decent add-ons for the Carribean in FSX? I'd sure love to see something of the calliber of "Islands of the West Indies" as it did for FS9. I searched AVSIM and found a few goodies, but I'm looking for all around VFR scenery.

Guest SHawk

You might start with Caribbean Seaplane Tours By Chris Carel here at AVSIM. He's done about 40 Caribbean airports.

There's also 'Caribe North' and 'Caribe South' by Toni Agramont, although it has a few issues with SP2.Just search for "Caribbean" in the Avsim FSX Scenery library, those and Chris Carel's sceneries will all show up.

>You might start with Caribbean Seaplane Tours By Chris Carel>here at AVSIM. He's done about 40 Caribbean airports.I completely missed tjhat one -- found it though. THANKS! This'll keep me busy for a spell . . .

Yup! Found a few goodies. I must have been somehow spelling Caribbean wrong during my prior searches. ARRRR! Time to take me Float-plane and go pillage a boat . . . . .

Aye it never fails. I always seem to take out a "b" and stick in an extra "arrrr" -- uhm . . . I mean "r".

I am presently designing the southeast coast of Panama, re-working the entire coastline (with dozens of small islands not present in FSX default scenery) and several basic airstrips.I am doing the same for the Carib coast of Nicaragua. It is not perfect scenery (to do that, I would spend forever designing) but it far, far surpasses the stocker scenery.In my scenery, you can even go to FS Shipyards, download one of their sailin' vessels, and take the OLD PIRATES ROUTE of going up the Rio San Juan to raid the Spaniards at Granada, Nicaragua! Talk about gold and gems!I'll probably upload it as a work-in-progress at some point here in the next couple of months.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Rhett, Matey, you just sang me a song I could sing forever :-)**grabs plenty of empty chests for loot**Bah! Where'd I put me pistols?

>>I must have been somehow spelling Caribbean wrong>>I did for years! LOL!Probably mispronounce it too... ;)ca-ribb-ean

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>>I must have been somehow spelling Caribbean wrong>>>>I did for years! LOL!>>Probably mispronounce it too... ;)>>ca-ribb-eanNo THAT I was doing correctly. Good thing I speak far better than i type. They don't have many keyboards on ship . . .