Sign in to follow this  
jvile

Kai Tak

Guest arluster1974

I recently installed Jim's Kai Tak AI flight plans/scenery and everything works fine accept that whenever I fly into Kai Tak I have no traffic. when I start a flight from the airport it's loaded with jet traffic I'm stumped beacuse all he text files compiled correctly. Can someone please help?I've included a couple screenshots.ThanksL.T.

That does sound a little odd.Where did you fly from when you say you flew to Kai Tak so I can try and duplicate the problem.

Guest arluster1974

>That does sound a little odd.>>Where did you fly from when you say you flew to Kai Tak so I>can try and duplicate the problem.>>I departed from Taipei to KAI TAK IFR early morning departure. Nothing was out of the ordinary far as I could tell. I hit the checkerboard and got my big bird down barely on my first attempt at the infamous 13 approach ( Kai Tak 13 is tough). I was shocked to find the airport bone dry no traffic even though my test run from KAI TAK to Gimpo was loaded with planes on the ground, landing and departing. The airport and scenery is top notch thanks for the freeware.L.T.

I have tried to duplicate the problem, I loaded FSX with the default B737-800 at Laos (winds set to 134 @ 8 kts) and flew to Kai Tak. About 90nm's from Kai Tak all the AI Planes started loading both on the ground and enroute (as seen with both Traffic toolbox and MS radar).It appears use used the TTools compiler in order to get the AI Planes and not the first option where as you use the Default MS AI Planes.You must rename the TafficAircraft.bgl to something like TrafficAircraft.bgl.xxx. The MS AI Planes and the TTool AI planes cannot coexist. I added a optional file so once the TrafficAircraft bgl is renemed so it does not exsit then you can have all the GA default traffic show back up in FSX (thanks to Reggie's work).Are you running a payware flightplan program and if so which one? Some Payware use TDBB type FP's and a simple fix with a converter may have to be used which I did not explain.I will retest from Taipei and see what I get on arrival at Kai Tak.

Guest arluster1974

Ok I tried the flight from Taipei again this time without the AI smooth program running and all the planes showed up this time. I'm guessing the ai smooth and ai timeout patch worked together somehow to send all the traffic to VHHH or kept them from flying at all.Will do another run with the ai smooth on again to see if they don't show and if so I won't run ai smooth into Kai Tak.L.T.

I did test with AI Smooth but not with the Timeout patch added.The one thing that AI Smooth does not understand is a curved approach. If a AI Plane goes missed AI Smooth cannot find the vectors back to a 30 degree offset to the Checkerboard approach. The plane will only climb to 1000 ft AGL and then continue to circle a circuit straight in approach to RWY 13 at 250KTS IAS and never land until it times out or goes missed 3 times.AI Smooth did work on the approach side of the IGS 13 but then again if the AI Plane is put into a slew speed and holds it may time out (based on arrival time) and just pop up at the GATE instead of fly to the airport.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Hello from the other thread Jim !!!We're still waiting over there for your announcement re: Kai Tak traffic. I'd appreciate if you could help me understand a few points re: traffic.I'd like to edit traffic files myself, but since TTools and even AIFPC don't work on Vista 64 - do you know of any other way of compiling txt flight plans into bgls on Vista 64 ?After reading this thread - I have to ask - will your traffic files simply just add the traffic to VHHX and you'll tell us which AI to download that the traffic files will use ? Will the default FSX AI and additional WOA AI that I have already at VHHH be affected in any way ?Thanks.

The FP's are in the library. There are 2 sets based on what you have setup on your computer.One set is for anyone using the FSX default TrafficAircraft.bgl.The secound set is for those that have 3rd party FP's installed that have not been converted to FSX format (WOAI, PAI, Ben Clark, etc.).See the 2 different readme's in the download that should help with compatibilty.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Jim,Any way to compile on Vista 64 ???

Guest JacobKoziarz

I guess I'll have to dust off my old comp and compile there ???

JacobI am not sure what it is you want to do.Are you trying to decompile the TDBB FSX TrafficAircraft.bgl back to a TTool format or compile a TTool format FP to FSX TDBB format.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Compile txt to bgl.I thought TTools does not work on Vista 64 bit ??? I know AIFPC does not work.How do I compile your txt files to bgl ?

If Vista 64 will not work with TTools then make all the FP and aircraft.txt files for your AI Planes and use a XP or Vista32 computer.If not able to do that then e-mail me the .txt files (address in readme) and I will compile to a bgl.

Guest JacobKoziarz

I have a dumber question: where do I find AC# of my AI planes - I don't have any in the aircraft.cfg files - I attach one to show. I know I'm missing something trivial and can't find the right answers online...