Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Boeing 757-300???

Why are there so few in the whole world? Just over 60 ever ordered i think?Is it because it's too close to the 767 - but that's not narrow body is it?Bit of an odd looking aircraft i think - like the loooooooooong MD90. So long and thin, they look like they might snap!Just my mind - doing a bit of wondering.......

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for that info - didn't realize that.

Northwest Airlines is one of the few airlines that runs the 757-300, but even they have stopped buying them in anticipation of the 787.Northwest uses them on domestic routes with a lot of passengers, such as inter-hub routes like Minneapolis to Detroit. For a time they flew them from LAX to Hawaii but I think they switched that route back to 757-200's for the time being.There was talk of Northwest switching 757-300's to transatlantic routes, like KBOS to Gatwick. But I would be concerned about the range of that aircraft on that route.I like the way the 757-300's look. They are so rare, it is interesting to see one. It's like seeing a Guppy conversion or something...well not that rare I suppose...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case