Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Display surges

Hello, I put together a new system to run FSX. While it's not the very top of the line, it's pretty good. E6600 oc to 3.0 GHZ, 2 GB 800 DDR2,Nvidia 8800 GT. It actually ran FSX pretty well for a while but now I've developed a display surge which shows up when I look to the side or in a tight turn. This problem has even surfaced with FS9. I've tried every tweak and adjustment I can find. I've closed all processes. Used filemon to try to track down a possible problem application with no luck. It appears that it may be system orientated rather than hardware related. Would it just be best to reformat the drive that XP is on and reinstall or is there another solution that I have missed? Any help would be appreciated.

NAX669.png

Guest Nils79

Hi Mike,what do you mean with "Display surges" (my english isn't the best)?I don't know what you exactly mean, but i would suggest you to defrag your hard drives, to re-build your FSX.cfg (delete the FSX.cfg) and to install the latest drivers (chipset, graphics card and sound) - that's always good..

Guest jshyluk

Nils' advice is a very good start. MSFS in general does not behave all that well if you are either looking around a lot or flying a lot of acrobatics. It seems to "assume" that you want to fly straight and level, and relatively slow, and will slow down if you are trying to do things it is having a hard time "predicting". That being daid, try what Nils said. Also, try flying someplace flat and featureless, and see if that makes a difference. If that does not work, then try lowering your display sliders a lot. If that does not work, then turn off every graphics enhancement and turn all of the sliders all of the way down. If that does not work, then I'm not sure what else you can do. If it does work, then add sliders ONE AT A TIME and try out the sim each time to see which one is the culprit. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

I had something like that and then (after reading on the forums) went to my nVidea control center and forced VSYNC to on and it fixed it. Simple to try and beats complete re-installs. :-lol Phill

Thanks for your replies. I'd love to say that I hadn't tried any of those things but unfortunately I have. This same issue crops up using an ATI HD2900 Pro 512MB video card. As I said, it doesn't appear to be hardware related as far as I can tell. It wouldn't be so bothersome if FSX had always performed this way with this setup. I'll keep plugging away and hope I can find a solution. Thanks for your help.

NAX669.png

>Hello,> I put together a new system to run FSX. While it's not>the very top of the line, it's pretty good. E6600 oc to 3.0>GHZ, 2 GB 800 DDR2,Nvidia 8800 GT. It actually ran FSX pretty>well for a while but now I've developed a display surge which>shows up when I look to the side or in a tight turn. This>problem has even surfaced with FS9. I've tried every tweak and>adjustment I can find. I've closed all processes. Used filemon>to try to track down a possible problem application with no>luck. It appears that it may be system orientated rather than>hardware related. Would it just be best to reformat the drive>that XP is on and reinstall or is there another solution that>I have missed? Any help would be appreciated.I would try re-installing the video card drivers.